Wanadoo Enforce Monthly caps

Old June 26th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

Default Wanadoo Enforce Monthly caps

Turns out a mate of mine received a letter and a telephone call, he's
currently on the 17.99 a month deal I think its about 2gig a month.

Basically they inform him he's gone over his 2 gig limit and has used 7 gig,
if he carries on they will charge him for every gig he goes over..

Anyone else received anything like this ?

Old June 26th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Butler

I just got a letter telling me my account has been cancelled and it will
cease in 30 days - no warning other than the original April Fool letter. I
rang for my MAC code and transferred to Zen 2Mbit (only 5 more than
Wanadoo's 512kbit). So, I downgraded my Web host package and saved overall.

Oh.. and I'll eventually be getting my customers, and anyone else that would
benifit, to cancel their Wanadoo accounts and move over to Zen's 2 Mbit too
:-)

For info: You'll still be able to receive your Wanadoo mail - you just
won't be able to send under the Wanadoo accounts. (but every 3 months
you'll need to reactivate your mail account via their web site.)

Old June 27th 05, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Joe Butler" wrote in message
I just got a letter telling me my account has been cancelled and it will
cease in 30 days - no warning other than the original April Fool letter.
rang for my MAC code and transferred to Zen 2Mbit (only 5 more than
Wanadoo's 512kbit). So, I downgraded my Web host package and saved
overall.

What package were you on and how log have you been with them? How much were
you using the service?

Old June 27th 05, 01:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Butler

I was one of the early broadband customers - around 2000. I was working
from home, and it made sense for the convienience and speed.

It was on the 'unlimited' service. My usage was variable - but they said
I'd downloaded something like 100 Gig, I think. That might be right - even
though I wasn't necessarily filesharing constantly, the program was running
in the background 24/7 and I'd been downloading lots of CDs that month. I
was using the service as it was originally sold - i.e. always on, nothing
extra to pay no matter how much you download. Anyway, I'm glad I moved. At
least with Zen, you can use the connection pretty much how you like - i.e.
to run web servers, etc. from your own connection.

One other thing, I spoke to a Zen support person before ordering. He picked
up the phone straight away and he actually knew what he was talking about -
with Wanadoo, they don't.

"Tony" wrote in message

"Joe Butler" wrote in

message

Old June 27th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

As the other person said, give Zen a try.
It's a monthly contract so what do you have to lose?

I migrated from BT and I have no regrets and Zen just reduced the price and
I am now paying the same as I was on BT for the same speed.

"Joe Butler" wrote in message
[...]

"Tony" wrote in message

"Joe Butler" wrote in

message