Leaving Wanadoo and resulting Blueyonder queries....

Old June 26th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carpathian

Default Leaving Wanadoo and resulting Blueyonder queries....

First post on here so I'll drop in a polite 'hello' upfront !!

I'm currently with Wanadoo 512mb on a Zoom ADSL X3 modem via USB to PC
I also use the ethernet port on the X3 for Xbox Live.

The system is running perfectly fine in terms of speed etc but I'
going to be moving ISP due to Wanadoo's recent 'stealth-cap'. Althoug
I'm on one of the original "unlimited" accounts from back in thei
Freeserve days I've recently had a letter saying I'm over my usage an
they're liable to terminate my account if it continues.

I purposely stayed with the 512 unlimited rather than moving to one o
Wanadoos newer (and cheaper) metered ones, specifically due to th
amount of web streaming, data shifting etc etc. The odd thing is tha
even their own Broadband page says that older existing accounts lik
mine are ok to stay with if you wish to be unmetered.

I'm looking to move to something like Blueyonders 2mb 'Broadban
Elite-2mb'.

If I read it right this will cover my surfing, my gaming AND says, man
times, "blueyonder broadband is truly unlimited - which means no usag
caps, no restrictions, no running out of downloads for photos, music o
software".

So, my questions (yes, there are some!) are whether anybody else ha
switched the same way, from dsl to cable, and how easy/hard th
Blueyonder setup is when an Xbox is in the mix ? I all assume, sadly
my trusty X3 will have to be retired ?

Also, if there are any Blueyonder people reading this (I've noticed yo
do !), if I sign my life away for 12months does that mean any changes t
it's 'unlimited' status would come in after that period ??

I'm asking a lot for a first post but it's all kinda connected and I'v
seen you have good people around on here so it just seemed a decent ide
to just ask !!

Ta in advance and welcome again,

Carpathia

--
Carpathian
Old June 27th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Carpathian opined very noisily:
First post on here so I'll drop in a polite 'hello' upfront !!

I'm looking to move to something like Blueyonders 2mb 'Broadband
Elite-2mb'.

If I read it right this will cover my surfing, my gaming AND says,
many times, "blueyonder broadband is truly unlimited - which means no
usage caps, no restrictions, no running out of downloads for photos,
music or software".

So, my questions (yes, there are some!) are whether anybody else has
switched the same way, from dsl to cable, and how easy/hard the
Blueyonder setup is when an Xbox is in the mix ? I all assume, sadly,
my trusty X3 will have to be retired ?

Also, if there are any Blueyonder people reading this (I've noticed
you do !), if I sign my life away for 12months does that mean any
changes to it's 'unlimited' status would come in after that period ??

I'm asking a lot for a first post but it's all kinda connected and
I've seen you have good people around on here so it just seemed a
decent idea to just ask !!

Ta in advance and welcome again,

Carpathian

Blueyonder have unlimited up /down 2048 / 256 on the service you mention .

This is as near as can be guaranteed for the foreseeable future

there are good rumours that TW and NTL will merge in the future,

the only gloom may be that at present NTL do cap to some degree ----
30 G per month
Conversely NTL are cheaper --- 25 to Blueyonder / TW 35
I would not be surprised if TW/Blueyonder prices came down
They will not go up

all info IMHO
--

Yddap