IP forwarding feature in Medion Wireless Router 95038 (Aldi)

Old June 26th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wakaru

Default IP forwarding feature in Medion Wireless Router 95038 (Aldi)

Hi y´all:

In theory IP forwarding has been implemented for this router since th
firmware v1.0.1. The current one is v.1.0.2 and it should have it too.

-----
Medion AG
Firmware Update
1.0.2
Win 2000/Win ME/Win XP
Supply date 10.06.2005
Made downloads 528

Firmware Update of the MD 95038 WLAN router.

This firmware update adds the IP Forwarding configuration function.
------

However I have been looking for that feature after having updated m
router and unfortunately I was not able to find it neither in th
v1.0.1 nor in the v1.0.2.

Could anybody else owning that router shed a light over that proble
please?

Thanks

--
wakaru
Old May 13th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Turboz

wakaru Wrote:
Hi y´all:

In theory IP forwarding has been implemented for this router since the
firmware v1.0.1. The current one is v.1.0.2 and it should have it too.

-----
Medion AG
Firmware Update
1.0.2
Win 2000/Win ME/Win XP
Supply date 10.06.2005
Made downloads 528

Firmware Update of the MD 95038 WLAN router.

This firmware update adds the IP Forwarding configuration function.
------

However I have been looking for that feature after having updated my
router and unfortunately I was not able to find it neither in the
v1.0.1 nor in the v1.0.2.

Could anybody else owning that router shed a light over that problem
please?

Thanks.

Hi

Port forwarding is actually in the firewall page where it says "
Inbound requests shall be mapped to that device" and has 4 input boxes
for an IP address.

It does not work.

I've been trying relentlessly for the last few days to get it working.
Even IF it worked, you would only be able to redirect requests to any
port to one machine - You could not redirect ports to individual
machines.

Medion obviously never tested this and just thought they could make
some cash.

The port forwarding is trash. Absolute trash. It's basically caused by
a firewall that refuses to open the port (checked on grc.com). When you
set it up to allow incoming, grc.com's shields up test shows that the
port is closed (IE it responds saying it does not accept communications
but acknowledges it is there). When you remove it from the firewall it
simply stealth's and doesn't even answer. Would of been nice if medion
actually opened the port instead of declaring it closed. Stupid fools -
I've wasted my money. Medion aren't showing any signs of another
firmware either.

-T

-T

--