Tiscali or PlusNet?

Old June 27th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cap'n

Default Tiscali or PlusNet?

I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad
(1mb for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.
Old June 27th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad
(1mb for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Yes,

Plusnet 2MB for 14.99

Old June 27th 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"Cap'n" wrote in message
I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad (1mb
for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Nice to see that someone has a sense of humour : )
Judging by recent comments in the group, I think the answer is obvious !
I thought your post was actually taking the p*ss!

Old June 27th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Cap'n" wrote in message
I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad
(1mb for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Both Tiscali's news servers have been down since the early hours of the
21/6/05 to about 1700 this evening. Even when they are working they are
total crap.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 27th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cap'n

Steve wrote:

"Cap'n" wrote in message

I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad (1mb
for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Nice to see that someone has a sense of humour : )
Judging by recent comments in the group, I think the answer is obvious !
I thought your post was actually taking the p*ss!

No **** take! :-)

It'd be easier to be able to give him a few examples, rather than have
him search this newgroup - which I'm not sure I could convince him to do!
Old June 27th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cap'n

Graham wrote:

"Cap'n" wrote in message

I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad
(1mb for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Both Tiscali's news servers have been down since the early hours of the
21/6/05 to about 1700 this evening. Even when they are working they are
total crap.

Hmmm...news servers.. Do PlusNet carry newsgroups?
Old June 27th 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Both Tiscali's news servers have been down since the early hours of the
21/6/05 to about 1700 this evening. Even when they are working they are
total crap.

Hmmm...news servers.. Do PlusNet carry newsgroups?

Yes.
They did have their fair share of problems a while back, but I understand
they perform very well at present.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 27th 05, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:41:43 +0100, Cap'n
wrote:

It'd be easier to be able to give him a few examples, rather than have
him search this newgroup - which I'm not sure I could convince him to do!

see below

or
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp?demon=ON&metronet=ON&plusnet=ON&talkta lk=ON&tiscali=ON&freeserve=ON&cmp_action=Compare

Phil

Old June 27th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

A friend of mine who was a customer of Tiscali had problems with the
occasional dropped line, but was more concerned with the very poor customer
service.When phoning he was often left waiting listening to music for
twenty minutes at a time.Plusnet have great customer service and he is now
very pleased he changed
I have been with Plusnet for eighteen months price has gone down -always
one of the cheapest,and there is no limit to downloads.I used to be with
freeserve but left owing to poor service.Plusnet have excellent customer
relations,having rung them twice and the call was answered within a couple
of minutes,and problem was sorted virtually straight away.No
problems with disconnections and dropping lines,very reliable and
extremely helpful

The Which report stated the following and I quote"The Plusnet package is a
BestBuy with a good download speed which have been really consistent over
the last quarter.Plusnet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing
well in almost all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer
and technical support.""
Plusnnet won best consumer ISP in 2004

If you choose to sign up with Plusnet,please use my ID- beechville96 as a
referrer and save me a few pence

Thanks, Keith

Old June 27th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cap'n

"Cap'n" wrote in message

I would favour PlusNet, but my live-in landlord has seen a Tiscali ad
(1mb for 14.99). Can anyone supply any ammunition?

Thanks.

Aha! A 'Which' quote...that'll get him!
Thanks.