2wire 1800hg

Old June 27th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spanna

Default 2wire 1800hg

OK for anybody who is interested - installed it tonight without
hitch.

Connected BT1800HG router with network cable supplied from network por
on PC to network port 1 on the router.

Connected Router to phone socket using telephone cable supplied an
existing filter (probably could have used one of the ones supplied bu
i didn't)

opened internet explorer went to tools-internet options-connections an
changed it to Never dial connection

then in the address bar I typed in gateway.2wire.net

this brought up the 2wire menu.

On the left hand side of the screen was a button that said "setu
wizard" (or something similar) I clicked on that and it asked me fo
an activation code, I used 522P-22P4-A222-22AT-F24N which is correc
for PPOA (UK standard)

Then it asked for my user name and password which I entered and tha
was it the main computer could then access the internet ( I went t
control panel - network connections and right clicked on my old tiscal
account and made it not the default account)

The laptop I wanted to connect had a no name USB wireless adapter.
installed the drivers off the CD. plugged in the USB adaptor. Starte
the config software that had been installed found the option to set WE
security and input the required code - This is found on the bottom o
the router. The number above the the bar code is the serial number an
the number below the bar code is the WEP code. (There were 2 option
for inputting the WEP code Hexadecimal and Ascii -- I use
Hexadecimal)

Network was automatically recognised.

Its as simple as that.

Hope all that rambling made sense :

--
spanna
Old July 2nd 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Leper Messiah

Yo m8 that was superb, thx .

Wonder if i can pick ur brains a little bit more however, I have 2 pc
both on Xp sp2; one connects thru ethernet and the other through
wireless card. They are connected and working (sort of).

The problem is that the connection literally dies when one computer i
downloading. The speed is poor and the other computer has pretty muc
no net usage/bandwidth. Do you know how i can setup the 1800hg as a
internet gateway. Tis ****ing me off big style

--
Leper Messiah