Plusnet Webmail/POP3 Email Access down??

Old June 28th 05, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bales1983 (Lee Bales)

Default Plusnet Webmail/POP3 Email Access down??

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On the
pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to the
webmail login screen.

Anyone else got a problem??

Thanks

Lee
How about a free ipod??
Click he http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=19419783
As mentioned on the BBC!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/3683524.stm
Old June 28th 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"Bales1983 (Lee Bales)" wrote in message

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On the
pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to the
webmail login screen.

Anyone else got a problem??

I've just tried reading my Force 9 mail using Outlook Express and POP3, and
using Webmail. Both have worked fine for me. Maybe its a problem that's
confined to PlusNet and not its affiliates like Force 9. I never know how
much or how little the technical services are integrated between F9 and PN.

Old June 28th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

--

My email is working fine.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old June 28th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On
the pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to
the webmail login screen.

Anyone else got a problem??

Thanks

Lee

I've got one BB and two PAYG accounts with PN. I can't connect to the pop
server from *one* of the PAYG accounts - but the other 2 accounts are fine.

Not sure how they explain that - but they keep telling me that they are
aware of the problem and are working on it.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old June 28th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Herber

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:14:59 +0100, "Bales1983 (Lee Bales)"
wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On the
pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to the
webmail login screen.

If you were to sign up for their service status mailing list ....

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Old June 28th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On
the pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back
to the webmail login screen.

If you were to sign up for their service status mailing list ....

.. . . you wouldn't be able to access the POP server to receive the status
messages - so you'd be no wiser!
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old June 28th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 Jun 2005 13:25, Paul Herber wrote:

If you were to sign up for their service status mailing list ....

True, and http://usertools.plus.net/ seems the place to go, but the
first post was in advance of there being any status info (that I have
seen, so far). The last item I've seen posted at about 13:10 was:

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"Subject: Service Status: POP3 Authentication Issues - UPDATE

Date: 28 Jun 2005 12:10:24 GMT

Following our earlier announcement that this problem was clear, we are
continuing to identify customers who are unable to authenticate on the
mail platform and webmail.

At this time we have narrowed this down to a minority of customers and
our network engineers are investigating to find the root cause. "

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

It was in plusnet.service.status but no doubt also in my mailbox on another
service :-] and presumably in the archive on User Tools, as well as perhaps
on the portal under network status... Peter M.

Old June 28th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 Jun 2005 14:42, "Tiscali Tim" wrote:

. you wouldn't be able to access the POP server to receive the status
messages - so you'd be no wiser!

Hint: you are not restricted to using a Plus.Net mailbox, and even if
you were limited in some way, you could use a forwarding address to get
the mail sent somewhere else... Only if { sending mail | outside links |
recipient mailbox } problems took place would mail fail to get to you. PM

USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old June 28th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their plusnet email?? On the
pop3 i get 'login failed' and on webmail it just defaults back to the
webmail login screen.

Anyone else got a problem??

Yep, since 10 am this morning, and both Webmail and POP3 are still dead for me now
(16:10 hrs) PlusNet have told me it will be fixed overnight (June 28 into 29th)

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old June 28th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Peter M wrote:

On 28 Jun 2005 14:42, "Tiscali Tim" wrote:

. you wouldn't be able to access the POP server to receive the status
messages - so you'd be no wiser!

Hint: you are not restricted to using a Plus.Net mailbox, and even if
you were limited in some way, you could use a forwarding address to
get the mail sent somewhere else... Only if { sending mail | outside
links | recipient mailbox } problems took place would mail fail to
get to you. PM

Of course you can use forwarding - or have the status mail sent somewhere
else entirely - but you'd be surprised how many people I come across with
only *one* email address - even though you and I may have dozens of the
things to choose from.
--
Cheers,
Tim