Which is the best ISP + Modem?

Old June 28th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Which is the best ISP + Modem?

hello

i am looking to get my internet connection set up at home.
i have one PC and one Laptop that need to be connected to the internet
so have to get a adls modem/router

i am renting so dont want a 12 month contract, i am not sure how much
limit i need either! oh yes and cheap, must be cheap!

i dont mind having a 512k connection.

please can some one tell me the best isp to go with?

also what modem do people recommend?

all the best

andrew

Old June 28th 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bacon

You want to check out plusnet

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa..._premier.shtml - If you
are a gamer, p2p users or heavy internet user £21.99

http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...and_plus.shtml - This is the
same service as premier speed wise but at peak times they restrict access to
p2p networks and downloading from newsgroups, 2mb for £14.99

Both are uncapped, they would only contact you if your usage was taking the
**** every month, 150gb + and at peak times.

oups.com...

Old June 29th 05, 02:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

D-Link 504T or D-Link 604T if you want wireless, cheep and cheerful.
Choose from Draytek Vigor range if you want the best.
Avoid Netgear unless you like to update the firmware every few weeks.

I would second the PlusNet recommendation in previous post. Been with them
for over two years and can't fault them. If you sign up with them please use
my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me few pence, thanks.
Regards,
Martin