Do not trust bulldog broadband/adsl

Old July 2nd 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Do not trust bulldog broadband/adsl

I've been lucky. I've just been looking around and have heard people
say that it hard to set up for bulldog. The document they sent me with
username and passwords, etc also has all the silly little setting such
as ppoa over vmux or something well i just followed them my computer
started connecting right away (that was three weeks ago). For a week I
had a connection which stayed on for up to ten minutes if I was lucky
and then disconnected. For two weeks now it's been fine it connects
first time every time and will stay on all day if I want it to.

I have connected at over 8mbs so I am now quite happy. A problem is
though my phone has not rung for over a month if the phone is off the
hook and I dial it from my mobile it rings (should be engaged) so
obviously my home phone number when rung is not getting through to me.
Bulldog say this is invariably because BT have messed up the transfer -
Bulldog customer support have told me quite openly that BT are messing
up the transfer of numbers from their service to Bulldog one girl on
the support line said this is deliberate (!).

I'm not sure what to do now. Bulldog have sent me an email telling me
that I've got to contact BT myself now to sort this out. I haven't a
clue now who's billing me for my phone calls (I can still dial out).

In all I would rate them very highly for their broadband service I'm
sure my telephone problem will be sorted out soon.

kellog

Old July 2nd 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On 2 Jul 2005 08:20:51 -0700,it is alleged that
spake thusly in uk.telecom.broadband:

[...]

clue now who's cal billing me for my phonels (I can still dial out).

In all I would rate them very highly for their broadband service I'm
sure my telephone problem will be sorted out soon.

kellog

It sounds like they (BT) switched your line with someone else's,
possibly during the transfer to enable ADSL. If (as is likely) they
had to run more than one line at the same time through the DSLAM,
mistakes can happen. Bulldog are correct, it's BT's problem.

Also, you are not responsible for other calls made on your line during
this time, make a note of the dates, call BT faults on 151, and tell
them.

I had this happen 5 years ago (before ADSL, but they had a cable fault
and switched our line and someone else's). They fixed it very quickly
and dealt with the billing issues automagically.

HTH

--
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very
average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something