Tiscali and their fair usage policy

Old June 29th 05, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

Default Tiscali and their fair usage policy

Has anyone ever been disconnected from Tiscali for going over their 30gb
fair usage amount?

I am quite happy to be put on the bad boy pipe from 6pm-midnight for going
over my "fair usage". In fact, the first week I was throttled, they made a
mistake setting it up, and I got about 2Mb connection 24/7 (I was on 256Kbs
at the time, heh heh).

Bob

Old June 29th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Bob Smith (UK)" [email protected] wrote in message
Has anyone ever been disconnected from Tiscali for going over their 30gb
fair usage amount?

I am quite happy to be put on the bad boy pipe from 6pm-midnight for going
over my "fair usage". In fact, the first week I was throttled, they made
mistake setting it up, and I got about 2Mb connection 24/7 (I was on
256Kbs
at the time, heh heh).

Bob

Looks like there's only you left as a customer, judging by the lack of
response?

Old June 29th 05, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Lawn

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:34:08 +0100, "Tony"
wrote:

Looks like there's only you left as a customer, judging by the lack of
response?

No, there's plenty of us about, satisfied with the service.
Keep wondering how these people that say they have trouble actually
get through life.
Started out with 150, upped to 250, and now 512k. Never likely to use
30Gb in a month.
Saving a packet on the phone line cos its been freed up.
Laughing at these desperados on here that persistantly push Plusnet
for their discount. Sometimes getting a little sick of their
persistance.
D L

Old June 29th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Tony" wrote in message

"Bob Smith (UK)" [email protected] wrote in message
Has anyone ever been disconnected from Tiscali for going over their 30gb
fair usage amount?

I am quite happy to be put on the bad boy pipe from 6pm-midnight for
going
over my "fair usage". In fact, the first week I was throttled, they made
mistake setting it up, and I got about 2Mb connection 24/7 (I was on
256Kbs
at the time, heh heh).

Bob

Looks like there's only you left as a customer, judging by the lack of
response?

Looks like it - their TV advertising must be stringing in loads of fresh
victims though.

As soon as an uncapped ISP says they can migrate me without any downtime,
I'm off!

I would have thought some ex tiscali folk would have answered by now.

Bob

Old June 29th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krystian Craig

I have been with Tiscali now for nearly 1 week on the 512kbps broadband so
far no major problems I am happy with the services only one or two little
probs to start off with and now is working 100%

Krystian

Old June 29th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Krystian Craig" wrote in message
I have been with Tiscali now for nearly 1 week on the 512kbps broadband so
far no major problems I am happy with the services only one or two little
probs to start off with and now is working 100%

Krystian

I have no problem with the service, it's the fact that I joined an unlimited
service, which they have changed into a capped one. The usage allowance is
not enough for me, and the only way to move from them is to go without
broadband for 3 weeks. That's if all goes to schedule, and they don't play
their old trick of leaving their marker on my line.

I really want to know if they enforce their threat to disconnect people who
go over the fair usage figure.

Bob

Old June 30th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krystian Craig

I was told that the 512kbps was Unlimited when I joined even thu they say
30GB per month.

Rgds
Krystian

Old June 30th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Bob Smith (UK)" [email protected] wrote in message

"Krystian Craig" wrote in message
I have been with Tiscali now for nearly 1 week on the 512kbps broadband so
far no major problems I am happy with the services only one or two little
probs to start off with and now is working 100%

Krystian

I have no problem with the service, it's the fact that I joined an
unlimited service, which they have changed into a capped one. The usage
allowance is not enough for me, and the only way to move from them is to
go without broadband for 3 weeks. That's if all goes to schedule, and
they don't play their old trick of leaving their marker on my line.

I really want to know if they enforce their threat to disconnect people
who go over the fair usage figure.

Bob

I just want an unlimited 1MB service with anyone who will give me it.
Problem is Tiscali won't, even though they upgraded the local exchange and
lost my connection for nearly two weeks whilst doing the upgrade.

I even have the letter her in front of my promising the 1MB service. Thats
all I want. 1MB Unlimited, just like I could get from numerous other
companies up and down the country.

Problem is, with Tiscali, if you move, you might be without broadband for
months.

If they had delivered on the promise in their letter, this discussion
wouldn't be ongoing.

Old June 30th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

Bob Smith (UK) said:

"Krystian Craig" wrote in message
I have been with Tiscali now for nearly 1 week on the 512kbps broadband
so
far no major problems I am happy with the services only one or two
little probs to start off with and now is working 100%

Krystian

I have no problem with the service, it's the fact that I joined an
unlimited service, which they have changed into a capped one. The usage
allowance is not enough for me, and the only way to move from them is to
go without broadband for 3 weeks. That's if all goes to schedule, and
they don't play their old trick of leaving their marker on my line.

I really want to know if they enforce their threat to disconnect people
who go over the fair usage figure.

Bob

Well I am putting it to the test right now. I was capped two days ago to 5
KB/sec. I was told that if I was a 'good boy' they might let me have my
connection back, I dont play that way, so I am routing everything thru the
ports that do not have the cap on and since have had the connetion max'ed
out down and at %70 up for the last two days.

I dont do p2p but think I will open up a FTP server in a few days as I
have all the music and *nix distros I want for the moment

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com

Old June 30th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Lenny Nero" wrote in message
news
Bob Smith (UK) said:

[...]

I had to change the ports on my p2p software ages ago. Been going fine
since. The "punishment" of being put with the other naughty boys was
nothing bad - didn't even notice (apart from the 2Mb connection cockup,
hehehe).

Something I did notice - if you switch packages, their software "forgets"
your usage (I mean like since you started - I have no record since my last
package change on th "manage my usage" page) meaning they don't notice the
90GB from the month I switched (probably too lazy to work out a pro rata
usage between different caps, or can't enforce it).

Bob