Fax

Old June 30th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TREVOR GOODWIN

Default Fax

Does anyone know if is it possible to send a fax from my broadband to
someone who does not have internet access but has a fax machine?
Thank you, TrevorG

Old June 30th 05, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:18:12 +0000 (UTC),it is alleged that "TREVOR
GOODWIN" spake thusly in
uk.telecom.broadband:

Does anyone know if is it possible to send a fax from my broadband to
someone who does not have internet access but has a fax machine?
Thank you, TrevorG

With windows xp or 2000 you should have a "fax" listed in your
printers folder, which looks to windows programs like a printer. If
you still have the old dialup modem installed, this may allow you to
send the fax more cheaply than any of the 'online' fax sending places,
who often gouge on the pricing.

HTH

--
"The perfect computer has been developed. You just feed in your problems
and they never come out again."
Old June 30th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Check out http://www.tpc.int/faxbyemail.html
--
Cheers,