Yahoo BT

Old July 1st 05, 01:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Yahoo BT

What number do I put in connection wizard for BT Yahoo broadband under
'number to dial' ?
Thanks to anyone who even tries to help!
CHEERS,
Pete
Old July 1st 05, 02:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan Girvan

On 01/07/2005, Pete wrote:

What number do I put in connection wizard for BT Yahoo broadband
under 'number to dial' ?
Thanks to anyone who even tries to help!
CHEERS,
Pete

I think that you can put in just about any number you want - the modem
doesn't care.

I now use a wireless ADSL router and it has no telephone number
anywhere in its settings.

My old connection for the USB modem had this... 0845789789.

Try it and see if it works.

Cheers,

Allan.
--
Please use the "Reply To" address for emails.
Old July 1st 05, 03:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zomaar

"Pete" wrote in message
What number do I put in connection wizard for BT Yahoo broadband under
'number to dial' ?
Thanks to anyone who even tries to help!
CHEERS,
Pete

p0,38 - but pretty much any number would work...

Old July 1st 05, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Pete wrote:
What number do I put in connection wizard for BT Yahoo broadband under
'number to dial' ?
Thanks to anyone who even tries to help!
CHEERS,
Pete

None.

You don't use the Dial-Up Connection wizard for setting up broadband.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old July 1st 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

You don't use the Dial-Up Connection wizard for setting up broadband.

Is it just a case of installing the isp`s disc then?.
I am still on dial up and enter details manually often (Linux) and still
hunting around for broadband!
Cheers
Steve

Old July 1st 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Steve wrote:

You don't use the Dial-Up Connection wizard for setting up broadband.

Is it just a case of installing the isp`s disc then?.

Sometimes yes, but most can be also entered manually.

I am still on dial up and enter details manually often (Linux) and still
hunting around for broadband!

Sorry, I don't use Linux.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old July 1st 05, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:18:16 GMT, Steve wrote:

You don't use the Dial-Up Connection wizard for setting up broadband.

Seems a logical statement but there is always the exception to every rule!

Is it just a case of installing the isp`s disc then?.

This is most unwise, unless you are quite happy to have corporate graffiti all
over your PC. It is so simple to setup the router using the details provided
in your welcome pack from your chosen ISP.

I am still on dial up and enter details manually often (Linux) and still
hunting around for broadband!

If you can get Broadband, and prepared to spend out on an ADSL router, go for
it! Hint: use an ISP who accepts telephone requests to sign up; there is one
ISPs web site out there whose online application screens are so graphic
intensive that it will take almost two hours to sign up using a 28.8kbps
connection.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks,

David Bradley

Old July 2nd 05, 06:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 01 Jul 2005 18:18 GMT, Steve wrote:

I am still on dial up and enter details manually often (Linux) and still
hunting around for broadband!

If you have an ethernet card then using a router would be recommended, and
if you have no ethernet card, one won't break the bank, at under a fiver.

Use your web browser to configure the router (or telnet, in some cases)
and you'd never look back. USB might be useful, but last time I used
that was over 36 months ago, and once switched to a router, never looked
back. None of my friends or clients uses a USB device, and even if one
was sent as part of a signup deal, I'd still recommend a router instead.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"Zomaar" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
What number do I put in connection wizard for BT Yahoo broadband under
'number to dial' ?
Thanks to anyone who even tries to help!
CHEERS,
Pete

p0,38 - but pretty much any number would work...

Not quite true as some of the install disks do require the 0,38 as this does
tweak the modem settings slightly........

No I don't know why & yes I have proved it in the field, but saying that I
have put random numbers in & it works on some occasions. It'll depend on
the machine & the modem...