Is the PlusNet Premier 2Mb/s as good as it seems?????

Old July 2nd 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Is the PlusNet Premier 2Mb/s as good as it seems?????

Hi,

I'm with NDO at the moment but due to they new prices and products it's
going to cost me another 5ukp /months to stay with them on the same type
of product when my 12 months are up in 8 weeks time.

So looking around I see the Plusnet Premier 2Mb/s product at 21.99ukp
/month. This seems like a very good deal to me, is it as good as it
seems or am I not seeing something that's hidden.

I'm not a very heavy downloader, but my last month's download was
apparently 41GB so fairly normal I guess, upload if important was 34GB.

So are there any caps/limits increased contention on the Premier product
that I have missed?

Many thanks for your help,
--
Paul
Old July 2nd 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , Paul
] writes
Hi,

I'm with NDO at the moment but due to they new prices and products it's
going to cost me another 5ukp /months to stay with them on the same type
of product when my 12 months are up in 8 weeks time.

So looking around I see the Plusnet Premier 2Mb/s product at 21.99ukp
/month. This seems like a very good deal to me, is it as good as it
seems or am I not seeing something that's hidden.

I'm not a very heavy downloader, but my last month's download was
apparently 41GB so fairly normal I guess, upload if important was 34GB.

So are there any caps/limits increased contention on the Premier product
that I have missed?

Many thanks for your help,

Bad form replying to my own post, but I have now found that the download
limit it seems is 30GB FUP excluding 1am to 6am, which is not too bad as
I do most of my d/ling at night.

One more question though, what is the connection like to the Jolt
servers for gaming (ie. ping, number of hops, etc)???

Cheers,
--
Paul
Old July 2nd 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M Williams

"Paul" ] wrote in message
In article , Paul
] writes

Bad form replying to my own post, but I have now found that the download
limit it seems is 30GB FUP excluding 1am to 6am, which is not too bad as
I do most of my d/ling at night.

One more question though, what is the connection like to the Jolt
servers for gaming (ie. ping, number of hops, etc)???

The FUP does not exist anymore (it never did really, but that's another
story) so the 30gig limit is no more.
I am on the 2meg premier package and I can and have downloaded/uploaded over
100gig a month without any problem.

The only time that PlusNet *might* look into your usage is if you were
downloading and uploading excessively "it was suggested over 125gig a month
on the 2meg account" month in, month out.
The only action that they said they would take is to "shape" your
connection. Meaning that P2P, binary newsgroups and other file sharing apps
would be throttled at busy times of day. You can see when this is by going
here http://portal.plus.net/support/adsl/...lisation.shtml

Old July 2nd 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Hi Paul, I did a bit of research on all ISP including capping and limits
before I took up
my present contract with Plusnet and must admit that whilst I have been
with Plusnet for eighteen months, price has gone
down -always
one of the cheapest,and there is no limit whatsoever on downloads on the
21.99
Premier account,there are no catches as I myself download about 30 gigs a
month with no problem . I used to be with Freeserve but left owing to poor
service
and lousy customer support.Plusnet have excellent customer relations,having
rung them twice and the call was answered within a couple of minutes,and
problem was sorted virtually straight away.No problems with disconnections
and dropping lines,very reliable and extremely helpful

The Which report stated the following and I quote "The Plusnet package is
a BestBuy with a good download speed which have been really consistent over
the last quarter.Plusnet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing
well in almost all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer
and technical support.""
Also Plusnnet won best consumer ISP in 2004

Hope this makes things a bit clearer,its always difficult trying to pick a
reliable ISP,but in the end customer support and reliable performance is so
very important although some
problems with connections are sometimes due to BT

If you choose to sign up with Plusnet,I would be very grateful if you
would use my ID:- beechville96 as a referrer and save me a few pence

Many thanks Keith

Old July 2nd 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , Dicki
Dido [email protected]? writes
[...]

Many thanks for that, it does look like in might be PlusNet I go for,
but I do have a few weeks left yet to carry on looking.

Cheers,