port 119 slow

Old July 2nd 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WeeWillyTonka

Default port 119 slow

port 119 slow, down to 5.27kbs on 2mb is Tiscali capping this port ?

Thanks

Old July 3rd 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"WeeWillyTonka" wrote in message
port 119 slow, down to 5.27kbs on 2mb is Tiscali capping this port ?

Thanks

I found this a few months ago - try changing ports until you find a working
one.

Bob

Old July 3rd 05, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G. Bell

On Sunday, in article
[email protected]
"Bob Smith \(UK\)" wrote:

"WeeWillyTonka" wrote in message
port 119 slow, down to 5.27kbs on 2mb is Tiscali capping this port ?

Thanks

I found this a few months ago - try changing ports until you find a working
one.

Port 119 is the standard port for NNTP.

I wonder if binary newsgroups are the problem for Tiscali. That's a
quite usable speed for text newsgroups.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."