Plusnet and wireless?

Old July 2nd 05, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Default Plusnet and wireless?

No. It's a completely different type of service, aimed at someone o

the move
with a laptop and wireless adaptor, so not the thing you are after...
Compare
with all those wireless 'hotspot' ideas from BT OpenZone, Boingo o
T-Mobile,
eg http://tinyurl.com/anpuk

Ahhh, thanks a lot, i thought that was maybe what was meant but jus
wanted to hear somebody else say it.

The typical home setup with a wireless router (though clearly not on

used
with Wanadoo - incidentally, I thought they had an 'unlocking' fe
which
might let you use it when you switch ISP) would work. One friend ha
Belkin wireless unit, another uses a Linksys router.
-
I was just presuming i could use a regular package and access it via
whatever modem i used, wired or wireless.-

You can. Now all you need is a MAC from Wanadoo (and see how muc

they charge
for 'unlocking'... if it is much more than about 30 quid, I'd sell th
Wanadoo
wireless unit for as much as you can get and buy something new. Goo
luck.

I never asked about unlocking and they never mentioned it, i will no
though you've suggested it, the modem itself is fine, not sure wha
speed it supports though. If not, like you say, i'd try and sell it an
put the money against what i'd have to pay for a new modem.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, much appreicated.

Kris

--
Kris