Telewest false advertising

Old July 2nd 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

Default Telewest false advertising

Or they just trickin me into signin up to 2MB/4MB as opposed to
512k/1MB?

They've left out "Free access to blueyonder newsgroups" on the 512k/1MB,
even though you do get the free access.
http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/s...c_id=OACINTTAB

Old July 3rd 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:14:35 +0100, "Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m
wrote:

Or they just trickin me into signin up to 2MB/4MB as opposed to
512k/1MB?

They've left out "Free access to blueyonder newsgroups" on the 512k/1MB,
even though you do get the free access.

Their view is that people signing up for 512k would know what a newsgroup was.
Personally I think they have it completely wrong, since usenet was used long
before broadband became generally available and the (older?) users may not be
interested in the video/flashy stuff that BY promotes.
Geo
Old July 3rd 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

wrote:

Or they just trickin me into signin up to 2MB/4MB as opposed to
512k/1MB?

They've left out "Free access to blueyonder newsgroups" on the

512k/1MB,
even though you do get the free access.

Their view is that people signing up for 512k would know what a

newsgroup was.
Personally I think they have it completely wrong, since usenet was

used long
before broadband became generally available and the (older?) users may

not be
interested in the video/flashy stuff that BY promotes.

Whatever they think, it's intentionally meant to deceive.
They know what they're writin.
It's like "Access to online gaming" for 1MB, and "Free access to online
gaming" for 2MB/4MB.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Gzl wrote:

Or they just trickin me into signin up to 2MB/4MB as opposed to
512k/1MB?

They've left out "Free access to blueyonder newsgroups" on the 512k/1MB,
even though you do get the free access.
http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/s...c_id=OACINTTAB

They want 50 quid a month for 4mb/384k
They must be mad - in every country the internet is expanding by some 20%
per annum and they can't be bothered to keep up with the investment
and still charge high prices? Prices are falling - they should be supplying
4mb/384 now for 20 quid or less and focus on upgrading their
infrastructure before more knowlegeable telcos and LLU driven
telcos **** them up rolling out 100Mbit sdsl which they
have already started doing.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"7" wrote in message
. uk...

They want 50 quid a month for 4mb/384k
They must be mad - in every country the internet is expanding by some

20%
per annum and they can't be bothered to keep up with the investment
and still charge high prices? Prices are falling - they should be

supplying
4mb/384 now for 20 quid or less and focus on upgrading their
infrastructure before more knowlegeable telcos and LLU driven
telcos **** them up rolling out 100Mbit sdsl which they
have already started doing.

4MB for 20?
That'll mean em havin to charge 3.50 for 512K.
Can't see it happenin before my arms and legs drop off though.

Old July 3rd 05, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Gzl wrote:

"7" wrote in message
. uk...

They want 50 quid a month for 4mb/384k
They must be mad - in every country the internet is expanding by some

20%
per annum and they can't be bothered to keep up with the investment
and still charge high prices? Prices are falling - they should be

supplying
4mb/384 now for 20 quid or less and focus on upgrading their
infrastructure before more knowlegeable telcos and LLU driven
telcos **** them up rolling out 100Mbit sdsl which they
have already started doing.

4MB for 20?
That'll mean em havin to charge 3.50 for 512K.
Can't see it happenin before my arms and legs drop off though.

They can't do that - many of them are showing foolish pricing
tendencies. Sure you can cut down to 10p a month, but to
stay profitable you need to invoice something in the region
of 20 quid a month. Based on that, you should then
provide the highest bandwidth and highest quality service
that that money should be able to provide based on international
price comparisons.