Zyxel Broadband Routers - opinions please.

Old July 2nd 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

Default Zyxel Broadband Routers - opinions please.

As subject.

http://www.zyxel.co.uk/

Old July 2nd 05, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Rupert" wrote in message
As subject.

http://www.zyxel.co.uk/

I've got a Prestige 650H-E and never had any problems. Has good range of
features and it's quite easy to config.

Doesn't seem to get as hot as my previous router which was U.S Robotics
USR9003. Even got orange juice spilt on it and it's fine.

Bought my Zyxel dead cheap from BroadbandBuyer

Nicola

Old July 2nd 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:27:31 UTC, "Rupert"
wrote:

As subject.

http://www.zyxel.co.uk/

I have a Zyxel 645R which has now been in use (and switched on) for over
three years - no problems at all. Filtering rules a bit fiddly to set
up, but I have a separate firewall machine anyway...

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old July 3rd 05, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Ingle

Rupert wrote:

As subject.

http://www.zyxel.co.uk/

At work we use Zyxels and DrayTeks, and the Zyxels have been more
reliable.

I don't know whether this is still the case but on the ones we have,
they are more fiddly to set up, though; and although there is a web
interface some features can only be altered by using the telnet
facility.
Old July 3rd 05, 02:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I have bought the new 2602HWL tree weeks ago (broadbandbuyer.co.uk priced it
wrongly ;-)
and I am very happy with it, specially the VoIP facilities.
The web interface could be better though (I am used to Drayek's).
Regards,
Martin

Old July 3rd 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott