Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

For Free 10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or 5 when referred to
easyMobile contact me via above site.

Old July 3rd 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Russell

Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

That sucks. I was thinking of moving to Plus.net, and that it gonna push me
for sure.

Russell

--

All New Free Goo!! www.freegoo.co.uk

Old July 3rd 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

"I thought my PIPEX broadband was unlimited?

Currently, that remains the case. PIPEX is not imposing
a usage limit on how much data you can transfer or when
you can use your connection. We are simply looking to address
the challenges of managing a shared service in the interest of
the majority of users, during peak periods. This may require
traffic managing certain customers during particular periods
in order to allow our network to be used fairly."

Liars!

No matter how you look at it, its capping.
There is no shortage of bandwidth with 95% of fibers dark.
It costs nothing to add a few gigabits.
But penny pinching assholes have decided to become
screaming bitches drawing great circles in the air and
laughing all the way to the bank with your money
while third world countries start
installing 2Mbit links for 1.20 pounds and other
countries aim for 100mbit SDSL!!

Old July 3rd 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} got up from the bar and shouted: :
Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

Hilarious.. Any word on all the muppets who jumped from Plusnet to
Pipex 6 months ago, thinking they had some magic wand that made their BT
wholesale product different to all the other ISP....

Old July 4th 05, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

I always reccomended Pipex fors it uncapped service. They are not the
cheapest 34 for 2mb. But I always payed the price because I liked the
uncapped connection.

I'll stick with them now but once I start noticing slower then usual speeds
or a snotty email from them I'm off. Over three years been with them now and
they have never used capping.

Dan

Old July 4th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Russell wrote:
Pipex brings in traffic management and possibility of being capped.

http://www.pipex.net/legal/changes-faq.php

That sucks. I was thinking of moving to Plus.net, and that it gonna push me
for sure.

Comments in the ADSL Forum suggest that you can request a MAC code from Pipex
without penalty even if you have been with them for less than 12 months, because
the T&Cs have changed ?

My In Laws are 9 months into a 12 month contract on 'Solo 250k'. These changes
won't affect their use, but I see no reason why they can't now jump to PlusNet and
go for a 2Mb package for the same price ?

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply