Demon Home 2000

Old July 4th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Da Vinci Code

Default Demon Home 2000

Hi, Does anyone know what Modem comes with the Demon Home 2000 package?

Thanks

--
Remove " sync " &" privacy " to reply

Old July 4th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:30:45 +0100, "Da Vinci Code"
wrote:

Hi, Does anyone know what Modem comes with the Demon Home 2000 package?

Speedtouch 330

" The service is a self-install offering, so no engineer visits are
required. Demon Home broadband comes with an optional Alcatel
SpeedTouch ST330 modem and two microfilters. The modem requires a USB
interface and is compatible with Windows 98, 98SE, 2000, ME and XP, as
well as Mac OS 8/9 and OS X."

from the product "tech spec" pages at demon.net

Phil
Old July 4th 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Da Vinci Code" wrote in message
: Hi, Does anyone know what Modem comes with the Demon Home 2000 package?
:
: Thanks
:
Not meaning to highjack this thread but.....................

What are Demon like as and ISP any personal feed back good or bad welcome as
apparently I will be able to leave the wonderful Tiscali soon!

Cheers
Chris
kick-butt.co.uk

Old July 4th 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:44:45 +0100, "Joker7"
wrote:

What are Demon like as and ISP any personal feed back good or bad welcome as
apparently I will be able to leave the wonderful Tiscali soon!

it could only be an improvement. Demon offers a fairly basic service
with few bells and whistles. Don't expect fancy customer portals etc.

Phil

Old July 4th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Da Vinci Code

wrote:

What are Demon like as and ISP any personal feed back good or bad welcome
as
apparently I will be able to leave the wonderful Tiscali soon!

it could only be an improvement. Demon offers a fairly basic service
with few bells and whistles. Don't expect fancy customer portals etc.

Phil

Whats the Usenet access like? not that Im fussed, as I use
News.Individual.NET

Old July 4th 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:44:48 +0100, "Da Vinci Code"
wrote:

Whats the Usenet access like? not that Im fussed, as I use
News.Individual.NET

not included on the 19.99 account. It is on the 24.99 HomeOffice
ones. Works for me but I'm not a large scale downloader of usenet
"binaries".

Phil

Old July 5th 05, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:30:13 +0100, "Dave {Reply Address in.sig}"
wrote:

I'd actually consider that an advantage, not wasting effort on a portal.

I probably agree, but not everyone would. Some appear to like
colourful web sites with chatty helpful style and useful user tools.

Phil

Old July 5th 05, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G. Bell

On Monday, in article

"Dave {Reply Address in.sig}" wrote:

wrote:

What are Demon like as and ISP any personal feed back good or bad welcome
as apparently I will be able to leave the wonderful Tiscali soon!

it could only be an improvement. Demon offers a fairly basic service
with few bells and whistles. Don't expect fancy customer portals etc.

I'd actually consider that an advantage, not wasting effort on a portal.

They've been hit by knowledgable flak on the way their web-site seems to
be written _only_ for Internet Explorer, and doesn't seem to have had
even basic HTML checking -- silly mistakes like "serife" for "serif" in
font names.

I'd say you have to know what you are doing; they're a long way from
being the best at customer communications. Which has little to do with
whether or not they have a fancy portal.

But I'm switching from Demon dial-up to broadband from elsewhere, my
choice partly guided by my brother's experience. And Demon are at the
expensive end of the range. End of an era, but they don't feel special
any more.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."