Getting Bored Waiting for Free Upgrade

Old July 4th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

Default Getting Bored Waiting for Free Upgrade

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else getting bored waiting for their free upgrade from
Plusnet? Okay I know it is free and if I paid it would happen sooner,
but the original PDF said my exchange would be done in May.

:-( Winge winge.

On another note, anyone else playing with Google Earth?

Cheers

Gareth
Old July 4th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

Gareth Edmondson wrote:

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else getting bored waiting for their free upgrade from
Plusnet? Okay I know it is free and if I paid it would happen sooner,
but the original PDF said my exchange would be done in May.

:-( Winge winge.

I think it's down to BT and the speed with which they upgrade exchanges. I gather the
principle is the same for all ISPs.

--
Andy Sayers - Lincolnshire, UK
If you'd like to reply to me, then please
Old July 4th 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:22:31 +0100, Andrew Sayers
wrote:

with which they upgrade exchanges

translation :-

with which they increase user speeds

the exchanges do 2M already.

Phil

Old July 5th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Gareth Edmondson wrote:
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else getting bored waiting for their free upgrade from
Plusnet?

Yes...

....and I know it's down to BT, but the point is we were told one thing
and it hasn't happend, my exchange was supposed to be done "in" June.
I'm just more than a little fed up with peoples inability to do what
they say, and get paid to do.

And the Google earth beta was closed by the time I got there.

pfft

Old July 5th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Gareth wrote on Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:00:49 +0100:

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else getting bored waiting for their free upgrade from Plusnet?
Okay I know it is free and if I paid it would happen sooner, but the
original PDF said my exchange would be done in May.

:-( Winge winge.

Heh, mine said "Trial" which should have been April. Then in May BT updated
their data to June, and then in June changed it to July. I've just checked
again, and now it's moved to August. Joy. I guess I can wait a bit longer,
I've not been using my line for much more than email and IRC in the past few
weeks.

On another note, anyone else playing with Google Earth?

Yeah. Impressed with the level of detail - my house is in one of the high
resolution areas, I can see my old white Renault 5 on my drive (so that
makes the image of the Solihull area around 3 years old). Impressed with the
direction finding too, I was expecting it to be pretty ropey but it seems to
work really well ... at least I now know what the roads look like getting
out of Edinburgh airport when I'm driving to Pitlochry in August

Dan

Old July 5th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Gareth Edmondson wrote:
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else getting bored waiting for their free upgrade from
Plusnet? Okay I know it is free and if I paid it would happen sooner,
but the original PDF said my exchange would be done in May.

:-( Winge winge.

On another note, anyone else playing with Google Earth?

Cheers

Gareth

Hi there,

I can't really pass comment without your usernames so I can have a look
at things. It is true that BT have encountered delays though but we did
say to expect that when we made the first schedule public.

On the subject of Google Earth, I downloaded it a couple of days ago to
play with it but none of my area appears to be in any large amount of
detail, certainly couldn't see individual buildings. None in fact, not
even in Sheffield really. Put it down after about 10 minutes of playing
though so perhaps I was doing something wrong. Didn't download directly
from Google as it was unavailable, got it from a mirror elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

Old July 5th 05, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

PlusNet wrote on Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:37:22 +0100:

I can't really pass comment without your usernames so I can have a look at
things. It is true that BT have encountered delays though but we did say
to expect that when we made the first schedule public.

Mine is worldofspack. I know it's a BT issue, just annoying that they keep
moving the goalposts.

On the subject of Google Earth, I downloaded it a couple of days ago to
play with it but none of my area appears to be in any large amount of
detail, certainly couldn't see individual buildings. None in fact, not
even in Sheffield really. Put it down after about 10 minutes of playing
though so perhaps I was doing something wrong. Didn't download directly
from Google as it was unavailable, got it from a mirror elsewhere.

Where you get it from shouldn't matter. Give it another go - try looking for
famous landmarks. The London Eye and Millennium Dome are pretty clear. The
green text for the Sphinx is about 2/3 mile south west of it's actual
location, go take a tour of the pyramids Grand Canyon is worth a look
just for the terrain modelling that's been added, and take a look a New York
with the buildings option enabled. There's plenty to look at, although the
lack of decent high res coverage is a bit annoying at times.

Dan

Old July 5th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

got up from the bar and shouted: :

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...oogleearth.exe
Old July 6th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Black Shuck wrote:

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...oogleearth.exe

Thx