PCMCIA / Cardbus ADSL ?

Old July 4th 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default PCMCIA / Cardbus ADSL ?

Hi All,

I was just wondering .. anyone seen / used a PCMCIA / Cardbut ADSL
adaptor please?

I know 'mobile' (laptop) and broadband aren't typical bed partners but
quite a few folk use laptops as desktops it seems ...?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. nothing came up easily on eBay or Google ..?
Old July 5th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

I was just wondering .. anyone seen / used a PCMCIA / Cardbut ADSL
adaptor please?

I know 'mobile' (laptop) and broadband aren't typical bed partners but
quite a few folk use laptops as desktops it seems ...?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. nothing came up easily on eBay or Google ..?

Try thinking in terms of wireless adsl modem/router + CardBus/PCMCIA
wifi adapter...
Old July 10th 05, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:28:36 +0200, Chris
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

I was just wondering .. anyone seen / used a PCMCIA / Cardbut ADSL
adaptor please?

I know 'mobile' (laptop) and broadband aren't typical bed partners but
quite a few folk use laptops as desktops it seems ...?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. nothing came up easily on eBay or Google ..?

Try thinking in terms of wireless adsl modem/router + CardBus/PCMCIA
wifi adapter...

Indeed .. well I *could* do all that but it sorta defeats the point.
What I wanted to be able to do is (say) go to a mates who may be
having problems with his ADSL internet connection and plug the line
cord from my PCMCIA ADSL card, straight into the BT socket, change the
dial params as needed and click connect? (I dare say ADSL modems will
be built in one day as dial up modems and lan / wifi are today?)

The next best option would be to use something like a Voyager ADSL USB
modemm (through a mini 4 port USB hub if I wanted to use my pen /
floppy drive) but that's another 'box' to have to carry, unwind
cables, plug in etc etc.

Just a thought though .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m