Migration from Tiscali

Old July 5th 05, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike K

Default Migration from Tiscali

Copy of info posted by "Mr Tibbs", moderator of Tiscali's Broadband
Service Support forum:

" Migration
BT has recently launched the ability to do a single migration between
IPStream and DataStream (both ways). Prior to this Tiscali had been
unable to support migrations due to the fact that the majority of our
customer base is on DataStream. Since BT has launched this
functionality it has been one of Tiscali’s top priorities to implement
this. We’d like to stress that this is something Tiscali has been
pushing BT to introduce for a long time and as the only significant
DataStream provider, we expect that it will actually benefit Tiscali
far more than it will hurt us. We feel Tiscali is at a significant
commercial disadvantage, particularly as we have very competitive
broadband offers. Much of the work for the ‘Mac Code’ migrations has
now been completed. We are in the process of testing, we expect to
launch in the coming weeks."

At last!! Now maybe I'll soon be able to get away from this cowboy
outfit.

Old July 5th 05, 04:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

Mike K said:

[...]

They have been saying this for 10 months, they are now one of the few, if
the only UK Isp that does NOT give MAC codes.

Dont hold your breath.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com

Old July 5th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Mike K wrote:
[...]

And just for the record, we now accept inbound datastream to ipstream
migrations

Kind Regards,

Old July 5th 05, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
Mike K wrote:
[...]

Does this mean we can all now pull the plug and move on.....?

I would appreciate your idea of the timescale of this, as I want to move,
but dont want the broadband down for very long (if at all)

Tony

Old July 5th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike K

Mike K wrote:
Copy of info posted by "Mr Tibbs", moderator of Tiscali's Broadband
Service Support forum:

And just for the record, we now accept inbound datastream to ipstream
migrations

Kind Regards,

Does this mean we can all now pull the plug and move on.....?

I would appreciate your idea of the timescale of this, as I want to move,
but dont want the broadband down for very long (if at all)

Tony

As I understand it, they are talking about end of July.

HTH

Mike K

Old July 5th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Mike K wrote:

Copy of info posted by "Mr Tibbs", moderator of Tiscali's Broadband
Service Support forum:

And just for the record, we now accept inbound datastream to ipstream
migrations

Kind Regards,

Does this mean we can all now pull the plug and move on.....?

I would appreciate your idea of the timescale of this, as I want to move,
but dont want the broadband down for very long (if at all)

Tony

As I understand it, they are talking about end of July.

HTH

Mike K

Hi,

Not sure about Tiscali issuing MACs but we accept DataStream migrations now.

Kind Regards,

Old July 6th 05, 04:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 05 Jul 2005 22:17, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Not sure about Tiscali issuing MACs

yes, that's the major pain, for customers wishing to move...

but we accept DataStream migrations now.

which is good news, at least making PN on a par with a few other ISPs,
and giving it an advantage over some others (for a little while, maybe).

Old July 6th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josh!

Mike K wrote:

Copy of info posted by "Mr Tibbs", moderator of Tiscali's Broadband
Service Support forum:

And just for the record, we now accept inbound datastream to ipstream
migrations

Kind Regards,

Does this mean we can all now pull the plug and move on.....?

I would appreciate your idea of the timescale of this, as I want to move,
but dont want the broadband down for very long (if at all)

Tony

As I understand it, they are talking about end of July.

HTH

Mike K

Hi,

Not sure about Tiscali issuing MACs but we accept DataStream migrations
now.

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

Well I would like to move to Plusnet right now, but I don't want a long
outage of broadband service. Anyone care to comment? Am I likely to be
kept waiting for weeks and months for the MAC code from Tiscali?

Old July 6th 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

Josh! said:

Well I would like to move to Plusnet right now, but I don't want a long
outage of broadband service. Anyone care to comment? Am I likely to be
kept waiting for weeks and months for the MAC code from Tiscali?

Tiscali dont give MAC numbers, and IMHO will not in the near future, and
even then I think it will only be to Their Own LLU networks.

There is no real reason for them not giving them, apart from the users
having a smooth move from tiscali and I dont think that is the way they
want it to happen.

L.