Broadband Usage Monitor

Old July 5th 05, 02:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

Default Broadband Usage Monitor

Is there any software out there that will keep a log of the amount of data I
up and download?

I have tired some software which claims to do this, however, it also seems
to log the data transferred to/from my other PC's over the network.

My broadband is connected to my network via a router, so all the traffic,
internal and external, goes in/out via the same NIC.

Ideally I would like some software to install on all the PC's that logs it
all, then have one master PC which can read all the logs and give me totals.

Is there a router that can do this?

Ta for any suggestions!

Sparks...

Old July 5th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"Ivor Jones" lid wrote in message

"Grant" wrote in message

If your router supports SNMP then the freeware version of PRTG will
do the job.

Mine doesn't, any suggestions..?

Fraid not.

Old July 5th 05, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Sparks wrote:
Is there any software out there that will keep a log of the amount of data I
up and download?

I have tired some software which claims to do this, however, it also seems
to log the data transferred to/from my other PC's over the network.

My broadband is connected to my network via a router, so all the traffic,
internal and external, goes in/out via the same NIC.

Ideally I would like some software to install on all the PC's that logs it
all, then have one master PC which can read all the logs and give me totals.

Is there a router that can do this?

Ta for any suggestions!

Sparks...

Hi there,

Never used it personally but you could try Netlimiter?
http://www.netlimiter.com/

Regards,

Old July 5th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nig

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:25:49 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

If your router supports SNMP then the freeware version of PRTG will do
the
job.

Mine doesn't, any suggestions..? (Apart from get another router..!)

The home version of BMextreme allows you to ignore local LAN traffic:

http://www.lp23.com/bmextreme/