ADSL Modem Synchronisation - why is it random?

Old July 5th 05, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Euclid

Default ADSL Modem Synchronisation - why is it random?

I have a Speedtouch USB modem for a Wanadoo broadband connection which has
been working for some time. I wanted to upgrade to wireless with a BT
Voyager ADSL wireless router. However it will not synch on the line and the
ADSL light flashes continuously. When I reconnect the USB modem it also
takes a while to synch, over 24 hours in one case. Any ideas what this
points to. I suspect the line quality is poor, but neither Wanadoo or BT are
very helpful.

The Voyager works perfectly at another location, and all filters are
installed and working.

Any suggestions?

Old July 5th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:08:42 +0100, "Euclid"
wrote:

Any ideas what this
points to. I suspect the line quality is poor, but neither Wanadoo or BT are
very helpful.

get the statistics from the thing that works - SNR / noise margin and
attenuation. See http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

try it in the test socket behind the master
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm#part3

and repeat the stats collection

Phil