Contractual Question

Old July 5th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Hills

Default Contractual Question

Hi

I am currently a Telewest customer, and moving house within the next
month. However, I will not be taking my services with me since I do not
wish to cause disruption to the other occupants of the property. This
means I will have to start a new contract at the new property.

My question is, once the NTL/Telewest merger goes ahead, will I be able
to terminate my contract before the 12 month minimum if NTL decide to
start imposing restrictions such as a download cap?

--
Chris
Old July 5th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

Chris Hills wrote:

My question is, once the NTL/Telewest merger goes ahead, will I be able
to terminate my contract before the 12 month minimum if NTL decide to
start imposing restrictions such as a download cap?

I can't see how the merger will change the way contracts operate - at
least during the first year or so after the merger. Newco will want to
make contracts consistent across their customer base but they are not
likely to make any changes that allow existing customers to jump ship
early etc.