- Computer+Netgear D834G+AOL Broadband+ PCWorld =

Old July 5th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob .-.-.

Default - Computer+Netgear D834G+AOL Broadband+ PCWorld =

Hi Martin
Sorry for the delay in replying to your kind offer of help.
I am pleased, (but sorry) to report that John has got so upset with all this
yet again over the weekend that he has approached AOL again and they have
(through one of their UK call centres) released him from the contract.
He is now waiting for me to make my mind up as to who will be my ISP - NOT
Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange that I am with on this DU connection. I'm thinking
of Plusnet, living out in the country I can only get 512k at best (so BT
say) - but I'm not sure if they are rolling out some new cable - something
is happening about 2 miles down the road at the moment.
Then it's organising the migration from Freeserve to whoever - all the NGs &
web sites etc. I think I need some more time/holiday!!
Thanks again for all your help Martin, it has been saved - it might well be
a router I chose for Cat5 & wireless connection. (2 slow old lappies P166 &
P233 on Win98 and this m/c Intel 2.4G with 512k on Win98 also and maybe
another old P200 desktop).
Hope to catch you around the NG again
Cheerio for now
Bob .-.-.