Is MAC number required?

Old July 5th 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NickNike

Default Is MAC number required?

Hi, I'm presently on cable with Blueyonder. I'm moving to an area that
Blueyonder do not cover, so I am going with Plusnet using ADSL. During the
Plusnet sing-up it asks for my existing ISP MAC number. Do you only need
this number if transfering from one ADSL ISP to another ADSL ISP, or do I
need this for transfering from Cable to ADSL?
Many thanks,
Nick

Old July 5th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

Hi, I'm presently on cable with Blueyonder. I'm moving to an area that
Blueyonder do not cover, so I am going with Plusnet using ADSL. During the
Plusnet sing-up it asks for my existing ISP MAC number. Do you only need
this number if transfering from one ADSL ISP to another ADSL ISP, or do I
need this for transfering from Cable to ADSL?
Many thanks,
Nick

Does not apply, ignore it. It is only ADSL TO ADSL.

Old July 5th 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Jones

"NickNike" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi, I'm presently on cable with Blueyonder. I'm moving to an area that
Blueyonder do not cover, so I am going with Plusnet using ADSL. During
the Plusnet sing-up it asks for my existing ISP MAC number. Do you only
need this number if transfering from one ADSL ISP to another ADSL ISP, or
do I need this for transfering from Cable to ADSL?
Many thanks,
Nick

Many thanks,
Nick

Only when migrating from 1 ADSL provider to another.

Old July 6th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sniffer

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:10:55 +0100, NickNike wrote:

Hi, I'm presently on cable with Blueyonder. I'm moving to an area that
Blueyonder do not cover, so I am going with Plusnet using ADSL. During
the
Plusnet sing-up it asks for my existing ISP MAC number. Do you only need
this number if transfering from one ADSL ISP to another ADSL ISP, or do I
need this for transfering from Cable to ADSL?
Many thanks,
Nick

The MAC number is only used when transferring (migrating) from one ADSL
ISP to another.

You can't transfer from Cable to ADSL. You will have to start your ADSL
with PlusNet as a new connection.