Intersting Discovery

Old July 6th 05, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Intersting Discovery

Notice my connection uses very slight bandwidth even when it is idle. This
is normal and equates to about 6KB every minute. Now assuming someone kept
their PC on 24/7 this equates to around 253MB a month! (30 day month). This
suprised me a little bit especially providers that had or have a 1GB cap.
You've used a quarter of your allowance without even doing anything!

Amazing what things you discover when you're bored out of brains such as I
am now.

Dan

Old July 6th 05, 01:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zomaar

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message

Amazing what things you discover when you're bored out of brains such as I
am now.

Dan

Are you watching Big Brother, by any chance?...

Old July 6th 05, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

I wonder if a router modem consumes any bandwith too when in "idle" ie
no pc's fired up.

Old July 6th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 02:05:19 +0100, "Dan" d.d.com wrote:

"Zomaar" wrote in message

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message

Amazing what things you discover when you're bored out of brains such as
I am now.

Dan

Are you watching Big Brother, by any chance?...

I said I was bored, not depressed and suicidal....

Dan

LOL

T i m
Old July 6th 05, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 6 Jul 2005 03:05:47 -0700, "Gel"
wrote:

I wonder if a router modem consumes any bandwith too when in "idle" ie
no pc's fired up.

it can do, accessing time servers, chatting to DNS servers or
whatever.

Phil