Wireless Broadband Problem...

Old July 6th 05, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless Broadband Problem...

I have a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router. I am running two PCs
(one desktop with Windows XP SP2 and one laptop with Windows 98SE) and
they share the internet connection (512/256KB PlusNet ADSL Broadband).

Lately, I have been experiencing problems connecting to certain
websites but have experienced no problems with others. Not sure whether
this will illuminate matters - but an example of the site I am having
problems with is http://www.nprie.info. I have checked this site using
my PDA (GPRS connection) and it is working perfectly - but when I can't
connect to it, I can't connect either from the PC or the Laptop. The
common denominator, then, seems to be the ADSL Router.

If I restart the router - the problem goes away for a short period of
time.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Steve

Old July 6th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Sounds like the router is loosing the DNS settings for your connection. If
there is a new firmware revision for your router, I would upgrade to that
firmware. Also, if it is possible, specify the PlusNet DNS servers in
Windows as this will still allow you to access websites even if the router
doesn't want to resolve dns names.

Old July 6th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Cheers! Will give it a try - though having trouble finding info about
firmware upgrades.

Steve

Old July 10th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Turned out it was an ISP problem. Nothing to do with my setup.

Thanks for your help

Steve