NTP Time Server

Old July 6th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alt Beer

Default NTP Time Server

I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router supports
it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

Thanks

Old July 6th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

"Alt Beer" wrote in message
I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router supports
it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

My router is pre-programmed to use time-g.netgear.com or time-h.netgear.com
which have addresses of 12.7.210.176 and 69.25.106.19.

You could also try the ubiquitous time.windows.com that every Windows XP PC
syncs to. This is 207.46.130.100

Old July 6th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dougal

Alt Beer wrote:

I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router supports
it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

Thanks

something to start you:
212.104.129.221
192.43.244.18

and more he
http://tf.nist.gov/service/time-servers.html

Read around this lot:
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome
Old July 6th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Alt Beer wrote:
I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router supports
it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

Thanks

ntp.plus.net?

Old July 6th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Alt Beer wrote:

I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router

supports

it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

Thanks

ntp.plus.net?

Whets the IP ?

212.159.13.50

Old July 6th 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

A couple more for good measure - you should try to use ones as close
network-wise as possible.

ntp2a.mcc.ac.uk = 130.88.202.49
ntp2b.mcc.ac.uk = 130.88.200.98

Both based at Mancester University

--
Colin
Old July 6th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Personally I prefer the cuckoo clock. The address is

131.216.1.101

Located at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas

Peter Crosland

Old July 6th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:02:17 GMT, "Alt Beer" wrote:

I'd like to try using an NTP time server. Apparently, my router supports
it.

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

Use pool.ntp.org

greg
--
"Access to a waiting list is not access to health care"
Old July 7th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Molesworth

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:02:17 GMT, Alt Beer wrote:

Can anyone suggest an IP of a reliable NTP timer server?

As you are with Virgin, use theirs.

--
Nigel M