PC ip download traffic monitor with email/pop-up threshold alerts?

Old July 7th 05, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lucca

Default PC ip download traffic monitor with email/pop-up threshold alerts?

Can anyone recommend a simple PC traffic monitor that lets you know
when you have exceeded a given download amount?

Ideally:

1) I would like to set a download limit for a given time period and be
notified:
a) on screen that this has been exceeded, say via a pop-up and
b) also have an email sent to me - in case I don't see the alert.

2) I would like to be able to customise ie set the limits on both the :
a) download (and separately upload) amount
b) time period

eg say 3 Gb download per week.
Would be nice to be able to set more than one threshold eg 1,2,3 Gb and
be notified when each is broken.

3) Easily reset 2 above and start again

Old July 8th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Lucca" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recommend a simple PC traffic monitor that lets you know
when you have exceeded a given download amount?

Ideally:

1) I would like to set a download limit for a given time period and be
notified:
a) on screen that this has been exceeded, say via a pop-up and
b) also have an email sent to me - in case I don't see the alert.

2) I would like to be able to customise ie set the limits on both the :
a) download (and separately upload) amount
b) time period

eg say 3 Gb download per week.
Would be nice to be able to set more than one threshold eg 1,2,3 Gb and
be notified when each is broken.

3) Easily reset 2 above and start again

I would suggest DU meter if you have only 1 PC. (It cannot distinguish
between local network traffic and internet traffic). You can set warning
levels, and it will warn you if it predicts you will break that threashold.

Or NetLimiter (it can distinguish, but does not do warnings).

Bob