Pipex MAC Code

Old July 7th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Pipex MAC Code

I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Dan

Old July 7th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quinten Uijldert

Dan wrote:
I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Dan

I asked for it yesterday and was told it takes 72 hours as well. I'd be on
the phone after 73 hours though.

Q.

--
Smile, tomorrow will be worse

*** to reply, please use usenet [at] awooga [.] nl ***

Old July 7th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Thanatos

Hi

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Thats odd. When I left Vispa four months ago, I was told the MAC rules
stated
that they could only pass it to me through the phone, after they had
verified my i.d.

Old July 7th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 7 Jul 2005 15:57, "Thanatos" wrote:

I was told the MAC rules stated that they could only pass it to me
through the phone, after they had verified my i.d.

On both migrations, I've had MAC sent using e-mail... Peter M.

Old July 8th 05, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Dan" d.d.com wrote:

I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Dan

Mine went something like this:

Requested Mon 6/8/05 18:51 (By Email)
Received Fri 10/8/05 12:52 (By Email)
Migration Competed Fri 17/8/05 (To Plusnet)
Speed Upgraded Mon 27/8/05

Old July 8th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quinten Uijldert

Chris wrote:
"Dan" d.d.com wrote:

I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Dan

Mine went something like this:

Requested Mon 6/8/05 18:51 (By Email)
Received Fri 10/8/05 12:52 (By Email)
Migration Competed Fri 17/8/05 (To Plusnet)
Speed Upgraded Mon 27/8/05

Went? Or will be?

Q.

Old July 8th 05, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

"Dan" d.d.com wrote.....

I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

I asked for mine on Tuesday and they said it would take 72 hours. I rung
back today saying it had been three days and had to spend a few minutes
trying to convince the operator that three days was indeed 72 hours... )

After she put me on hold and thought about it, she came back laughing saying
"this is why I'm not in finance" lol.

In any case, she chased it up and they had buggered up. They had emailed
provisions, but they denied ever hearing about the email. Apparently it's
going to be sorted out asap...

Basically it is worth you ringing them up in case they've messed up again.

Old July 8th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quinten Uijldert

Quinten Uijldert wrote:
Dan wrote:
I asked Pipex for a MAC code three days ago. They said they would email me
it. I still haven't received it. Is it normal it takes this long?

Dan

I asked for it yesterday and was told it takes 72 hours as well. I'd be
on the phone after 73 hours though.

Q.

I've just received mine and signed up with Eclipse. Here's to a painless
migration

Q.