Now you have it, now you don't

Old July 7th 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Now you have it, now you don't

My local exchange (Crossbost) was due to be enabled "by the 6th of
July" all through last year, and this year. Yesterday (the 6th) came
and it showed up on the BT availability checker as available. And so I
happily ordered my Demon HomeOffice 1000 package.

Now when I check on the availability checker, it tells me that my
exchange will "have broadband by the 18th of July".

What gives?

Old July 7th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Surely though if they say it'll be available "by the 6th" they should
have all that sort of stuff worked out.

Well, I'd have thought so.

Old July 7th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gadget

I had this problem exchange was due to be enabled on June 15th but nothing
happened and eventually the bt website stated was no idea when due to be
enabled. BT could not give me any more info eventually found out problem
and told why. I said not very good not to be informed why. But yesterday the
chap who I had contact with me informed me will be enabled on July 30th.
Fingers crossed. Now just need isdn line to be disconnected and broadband
enabled. After this length of wait would love to happen on date but if not
what difference is another week.

oups.com...

Old July 7th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 7 Jul 2005 10:55 "gadget" wrote:

But yesterday the chap who I had contact with me informed me will be
enabled on July 30th. Fingers crossed. Now just need isdn line to be
disconnected and broadband enabled. After this length of wait would
love to happen on date but if not what difference is another week.

Is is ISDN or Highway (and have you heard about a "managed conversion"
so if the ADSL service doesn't work, they get you back to the ISDN and
don't charge a fee) ? Anyway, 5 years after some people were using
ADSL, the "what difference is another week" seems very apt.

I can only wish you good luck with it... you will certainly not want to

Old July 7th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

David wrote:
Surely though if they say it'll be available "by the 6th" they should
have all that sort of stuff worked out.

Well, I'd have thought so.

Have you ever known contractors to actually finish on time? Most of the new
infrastructure is being put in place by contractors nowadays not BT...

Old July 8th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy S

wrote in message
oups.com...
My local exchange (Crossbost) was due to be enabled "by the 6th of
July" all through last year, and this year. Yesterday (the 6th) came
and it showed up on the BT availability checker as available. And so I
happily ordered my Demon HomeOffice 1000 package.

Now when I check on the availability checker, it tells me that my
exchange will "have broadband by the 18th of July".

What gives?

What gives?

This is the UK, incase you hadn't noticed?

When someone gives you a 'date' over here, you can easily expect that date
to change 3 months either way.

Don't be suprised if they change the date to August or September next week!