Socket Error # 10065 No Route To Host

Old July 8th 05, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
\(:bluebaz:\)

Default Socket Error # 10065 No Route To Host

I've been getting this error on a clients PC. Does anyone have any idea what
might be causing it? I've put a new modem on his system which is wireless.
The Wireless connection works fine but the hard wired pc gives this error.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

--
(:bluebaz

Old July 8th 05, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , "(:bluebaz"
writes
I've been getting this error on a clients PC. Does anyone have any idea what
might be causing it? I've put a new modem on his system which is wireless.
The Wireless connection works fine but the hard wired pc gives this error.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Have you got Zonealarm running or recently uninstalled it?
--
Clint Sharp
Old July 9th 05, 02:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
\(:bluebaz:\)

No Mate. He only uses the XP firewall. Considering a format but would like
to avoid it if possible. His ISP is Tiscali broadband so it might be an idea
to give them a bell.... and wait!.... They are not the best!
Only info on their site is about configuring their Sagem ADSL modem.

--
(:bluebaz
"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , "(:bluebaz"
writes

Old July 9th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"\(:bluebaz:\)" wrote in news:42ce7312$1_1
@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

I've been getting this error on a clients PC.

What has been giving you the error? If it is web traffic, does everything
else work? (try a ping test).
Try turning off all antivirus/firewall/everything running.
If no traffic of any sort gets through there are a few things you can
try:

1) LSP fix. Make sure nothing has installed a broken handler into the
network setup.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Make sure you don't remove anything that is needed though.

2) "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt"
That is the XP equivalent of reinstalling TCP/IP

--
Colin