Bulldog phone calls!

Old July 8th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

Default Bulldog phone calls!

I just got a call from Bulldog, trying to sell me their ADSL package.

I told them I already had a 2 mb line, and they kept telling me that I would
get 16x the speed with their 8 mb connection. They then gave me a
completetly wrong price for the total package (ADSL+line rental) and tried
to sign-me up on the phone. When I said I would like to have the details in
writing first so I can make an informed decision (and also get confirmation
on the price), they just hung-up!!!

I called them back talking to a manager, and she just made another
hard-sell, and then hung-up!!!

What a bunch of scammers!!!

Tom

Old July 9th 05, 08:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Tom wrote:
I just got a call from Bulldog, trying to sell me their ADSL package.

I told them I already had a 2 mb line, and they kept telling me that I would
get 16x the speed with their 8 mb connection. They then gave me a
completetly wrong price for the total package (ADSL+line rental) and tried
to sign-me up on the phone. When I said I would like to have the details in
writing first so I can make an informed decision (and also get confirmation
on the price), they just hung-up!!!

I called them back talking to a manager, and she just made another
hard-sell, and then hung-up!!!

What a bunch of scammers!!!

Tom

I can second that also - I was called by some guy who didn't quite know
what he was taking about. Their 1 install and 17.99 pm for 8MB sounded
quite tempting but their sales bod was so pushy and annoying I actually
hung up on him.

Rob