BULLDOG now cold calling for new customers

Old July 8th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenny

Default BULLDOG now cold calling for new customers

"
The guy I was speaking to this evening, simply hung up when I started
talking about the problems. I think that sums up their approach very
nicely.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to tackle this situation? I believe
my year is finally up on 12th August - and that is the day I want to
rid myself of this untrustworthy theiving company.

I think the first thing I would do is contact my credit card company and STOP
all payments. That will shake them up a bit and maybe you might get a proper
response from them.

Good luck

Old July 8th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:45:50 +0100, "Kenny"
wrote:

I think the first thing I would do is contact my credit card company and STOP
all payments. That will shake them up a bit and maybe you might get a proper
response from them.

This is impossible with a continual debiting authority on a credit
card. One must get the company to stop taking payments.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old July 9th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_HogŪ

"Kenny" wrote in message

I think the first thing I would do is contact my credit card company and
STOP
all payments. That will shake them up a bit and maybe you might get a
proper
response from them.

Good luck

If only it were that easy. If you have given continuous authority, which is
what you do with credit cards (as opposed to direct debit) then only the
company taking the money from your card can stop this.

Don't ever sign up to regular payments from your credit card, always use
direct debit, which you can cancel.

Old July 9th 05, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

I think the first thing I would do is contact my credit card company and STOP
all payments. That will shake them up a bit and maybe you might get a proper
response from them.

This is impossible with a continual debiting authority on a credit
card. One must get the company to stop taking payments.

Then tell the credit card company that the card has been stolen/lost.
They will stop the card and issue a new number.

Old July 9th 05, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

I think the first thing I would do is contact my credit card company and STOP
all payments. That will shake them up a bit and maybe you might get a proper
response from them.

This is impossible with a continual debiting authority on a credit
card. One must get the company to stop taking payments.

That's the idea but in practice credit card companies will always
cancel a card when requested to do so. Then the discussions get a bit
hot!

http://www.easynn.com
Old July 9th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

"Road_HogŪ" [email protected] writes:

If only it were that easy. If you have given continuous authority, which is
what you do with credit cards (as opposed to direct debit) then only the
company taking the money from your card can stop this.

But if they continue to take the money after you have requested the
provided service to cease (subject to minimum contract periods and
notice etc), are they not committing fraud?
Old July 9th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasmine

That's the idea but in practice credit card companies will always
cancel a card when requested to do so. Then the discussions get a bit
hot!

Nothing to do with b/b but when my previous credit card company played this
trick (we can't stop a regular debit, we can't protect you our client, we
can't help you - we will have your money) they said I'd have to close the
account to stop it.

So I did. Their loss.

There are many, many credit card companies out their who want you business.

Old July 10th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cummins

In article ,
[email protected] (Road_HogŪ) wrote:

If you have given continuous authority, which is
what you do with credit cards (as opposed to direct debit) then only
the company taking the money from your card can stop this.

Not true

Write to the company telling them that they are no longer authorised to
draw from your credit card, and that their continuous authority (which
you gave them) is revoked.

Then when they draw the next one, send a copy of that letter to your
bank, and demand a copy of the signed slip dated AFTER that letter.

You'll get your money back.

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

https://www.flextel.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/s...h?page=A119302

Old July 10th 05, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 at 11:00:00, Paul Cummins (Paul Cummins
) wrote:
Then when they draw the next one, send a copy of that letter to your
bank, and demand a copy of the signed slip dated AFTER that letter.

Except it will show as "customer not present" - just like a telephone
order
--
Mike