BT Yahoo Service

Old July 9th 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Anderton

Default BT Yahoo Service

Does anyone know of contact details for someone in authority in BT with
responsibility for the BT Yahoo Service. I have a customer whose line
was supposedly activated 10 weeks ago and yet not a sniff of BB signal
is on his line. Numerous fault reports have all been allegedly cleared
without effect and it obviously needs an engineer to come out but
supervisors do not ring back and still the problem goes on. The problem
is made worse by my customers line terminating in an area where access
has to be set up and is normally only available on Fridays.
Interestingly talking with another person on the same exchange who has
had similar problems the fault was eventually traced to someone not
connecting the right patch in the exchange so possibly a bit of
incompetence around there.

Anyway talking to their call centre seems ineffective to say the least.
I think we need someone like a Director of Customer Services. Any help
welcome.
--
Richard Anderton
Old July 9th 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Richard Anderton wrote:

[...]

They are arrogant and irresponsible enough not to return calls
you have no choice but to report them to ombudsman and oftel
and turn yourself into a statistic.

You can always leave them if you have a choice in that area.

Old July 9th 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

Richard Anderton wrote:
[...]

Try Alison Ritchie
http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/Theboa...icer/index.htm

--
Stephen Wray
"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save

Old July 9th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:57:58 +0100, Richard Anderton
wrote:

[...]

The problem is that it is not up to BT yahoo to send an engineer out,
it is up to BT wholesale - all BT yahoo can do is keep reporting the
problem to them.

I work for an ISP and it can be extremely difficult to get BT
wholesale to send out an engineer, especially at the moment as they
have a huge backlog.

ISPs do have an option to force an engineers appointment but the
customer will be charged for this if no fault is found, which is why
BT yahoo would rather keep sending this back to BT wholesale
diagnostics.
Old July 10th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Anderton

In message , Dave
writes
wrote:

[...]

That I can understand but this has been going on for 10 weeks!
--
Richard Anderton