BULLDOG now cold calling for new customers

Old July 9th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

Default BULLDOG now cold calling for new customers

DO YOU WANT THE DIRECTORS HOME ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS WATCH THEM
SPLUTTER OVER THEIR BREAKFAST WHEN YOU SEND A REGISTERED LETTER TO THEIR
HOME ADDRESS.
"guv" wrote in message

Being on the preferred register to stop unsolicited phone calls, I was
rather suprised to receive a phone call from a sales droid at Bulldog
this evening telling me how wonderful their services are.

This is especially suprising, since I am already (unfortunately) a
customer and have attempted to upgrade my connection since March this
year. It is abundantly clear they are a complete shambles and are
unable or unwilling to fullfil their commitments.

Last month, they took 80 out of my credit card account and despite
emails and phone calls have not come back yet.

Also, when I signed up, I had 2 months free on the end of the year
contract. I (finally) managed to speak to someone and they claim they
have no record of any such deal and I would be expected to continue to
pay 40 per month for a 2MB line. This despite the price being lowered
to 30 and my emails regarding this, similarly being ignored.

I was still thinking of continuing with them if they could sort this
out to my satisfaction, but since they dont seem interested, clearly
they are not worthy of my custom. Problem is getting a MAC code, when
you cant speak to anyone or get emails answered.

The guy I was speaking to this evening, simply hung up when I started
talking about the problems. I think that sums up their approach very
nicely.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to tackle this situation? I believe
my year is finally up on 12th August - and that is the day I want to
rid myself of this untrustworthy theiving company.

--
www.senaction.com

Old July 11th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:42:01 GMT, "Stefan Kaniuk"
wrote:

DO YOU WANT THE DIRECTORS HOME ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS WATCH THEM
SPLUTTER OVER THEIR BREAKFAST WHEN YOU SEND A REGISTERED LETTER TO THEIR
HOME ADDRESS.

I find that post doesn't arrive until well after "breakfast" these
days.
Old July 11th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

DO YOU WANT THE DIRECTORS HOME ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS WATCH THEM
SPLUTTER OVER THEIR BREAKFAST WHEN YOU SEND A REGISTERED LETTER TO THEIR
HOME ADDRESS.

I find that post doesn't arrive until well after "breakfast" these
days.

Ah, but he said 'registered' (OK, he said 'REGISTERED'). That's the Old
Name for Guaranteed Delivery, and you can get it there by 0900 with
that. And these are Fat Cat directors...just starting their toast and
marmalade.
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old July 12th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Carter

wrote:

DO YOU WANT THE DIRECTORS HOME ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS WATCH THEM
SPLUTTER OVER THEIR BREAKFAST WHEN YOU SEND A REGISTERED LETTER TO THEIR
HOME ADDRESS.

I find that post doesn't arrive until well after "breakfast" these
days.

Ah, but he said 'registered' (OK, he said 'REGISTERED'). That's the Old
Name for Guaranteed Delivery, and you can get it there by 0900 with
that. And these are Fat Cat directors...just starting their toast and
marmalade.

I got 4 calls from them today, the penultimate one, I listened to his
spiel (his name was 'Nick Carter' - same surname as mine, and he spoke
with a very pronounced Indian accent. I told him where to go,
finishing with a very vile insult in Hindi. Ten minutes later I got
the final call, with the voice on the other end speaking Hindi. I
explained that i don't speak Hindi, and he hung up.

I've emailed their customer service and told them oftel will be
informed tomorrow.