No Broadbaand for BT "Pay & Call" Customers

Old July 10th 05, 04:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zed

Default No Broadbaand for BT "Pay & Call" Customers

why is it that BT pay and go ( prepay ) customers
are being refused broadband access ?

wholley bogus technical reasons are being given
to third party operators, like Tiscali, and Pipex
when they try to unbundle the loop.

a software "bug" appears to be planted on the
line also, so that robot daemons that test the
line also tell users that thier line is not
broadband capable.

I know for a fact that some lines that now exhibit
these difficulties were using broadband via ADSL
on these exact same twisted paairs.

are BT hell bent on a course of self destruction ?
this must be costing them potentially millions
of pounds per month, since there are over
a million pay and call, prepay customers.

I thought that this would be a good thing since
there is no shocking phone bill and also this
would give some protection from rogue diallers
etc. ...but now it seems that I can't back out of
the pay and call contract for at least a year !

BT Sucks

..............Zed

Old July 10th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Jul 2005 04:59, "Zed" wrote:

this would give some protection from rogue diallers etc.

My "protection" against rogue diallers is to not have any suitable
modem connected to the BT line, so even if one did get onto a PC,
there'd be not only no dialtone, but no chargeable calls! Peter.

Old July 11th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

poster wrote:
On 10 Jul 2005 04:59, "Zed" wrote:

this would give some protection from rogue diallers etc.

My "protection" against rogue diallers is to not have any suitable
modem connected to the BT line, so even if one did get onto a PC,
there'd be not only no dialtone, but no chargeable calls! Peter.

Has anyone ever tried this..?

http://bt.com/btprivacyonline

Old July 13th 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
poster wrote:
On 10 Jul 2005 04:59, "Zed" wrote:

this would give some protection from rogue diallers etc.

My "protection" against rogue diallers is to not have any suitable
modem connected to the BT line, so even if one did get onto a PC,
there'd be not only no dialtone, but no chargeable calls! Peter.

Has anyone ever tried this..?

http://bt.com/btprivacyonline

Only for the free CLIP service, for which it works well for.