Uncapped 2Mbps. 240 all-in for 24 months.

Old July 10th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cuzman

Default Uncapped 2Mbps. 240 all-in for 24 months.

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Old July 10th 05, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy

"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

2M is 528 for 24mths, although I can't see any restrictions in the T&C.
You are kind of putting your cock on the block though with a 24 month
upfront payment.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which would
seem a better (safer) deal.

Old July 10th 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London Wins... so
do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The 10 per month is
not accurate as you have to pay the complete contract up front.
"Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs is
probably the better deal.

Old July 10th 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bal

"Cullen Skink" wrote in message
Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London Wins... so
do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The 10 per month is
not accurate as you have to pay the complete contract up front.
"Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs is
probably the better deal.

Looks like the minimum contract is 12 months not 24 months if want to take
up the offer....
Quote " This offer is only available on Annual and Biennial Packages"

HTH

Bal

Old July 10th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Jul 2005 14:02, "Cullen Skink" quoted Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy:

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London Wins... so
do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The 10 per month is
not accurate as you have to pay the complete contract up front.
"Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Well, no mention in the posts about any activation fees, if applicable.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs is
probably the better deal.

One of the downsides is the premium rate phone number... 100p/minute
is more than I'm willing to pay, and given comments about UK Online
(possibly long time getting a user connected) and the LLUstream not
actually covering a large portion of the UK, some aspects might be a
bit less than 'guaranteed' ... any service offering 'unlimited' needs
a touch of caution, else if it gets to be very heavily loaded, all who
have paid in advance are still locked in (or lose the implied savings).

Paying that much up front wouldn't really put me off, (as the credit
card guarantee would cover you if they went bust) but then again, if
some other service became operational, I'd hate to feel I was not in
a position to switch fairly easily. Took a while to find they do a
static IP, and they throw in website hosting, and even a .uk domain
(spit!) "for the duration of your membership" which implies they are
registered to E7even.... a bit like FreeNetName (or some other...
not something I'd suggest anyone make use of... without seeing any
'transfer fee' quoted, one could be stung... it was 96 quid with
one of the ISPs). Get a domain registered yourself for under $10
(I paid $2/year this weekend for a .info... so yes, it was for a
few years at that price :-) Peter M.

Old July 10th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

Bal wrote:
"Cullen Skink" wrote in
message ...
Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London
Wins... so do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The
10 per month is not accurate as you have to pay the complete
contract up front. "Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to
advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs
is probably the better deal.

Looks like the minimum contract is 12 months not 24 months if want to
take up the offer....
Quote " This offer is only available on Annual and Biennial Packages"

If it's the same as their other offers then if you take a 12 month
contract you have to pay a 50 connection fee, whereas with the 24 month
one you don't. Still seems a good deal though.

Old July 11th 05, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Cullen Skink wrote:

Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London Wins... so
do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The 10 per month is
not accurate as you have to pay the complete contract up front.
"Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs is
probably the better deal.

2 years tied down to one service provider is a long time in broadband!

Old July 11th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

7 wrote:
Cullen Skink wrote:

Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message

Sign up for 24 months. Pay just 240.

Offer closes midnight on 13th July.

https://www.e7even.com/

Bollox.

512k is 240 for 24mths.

There is a big advert on the middle of the page titled "London
Wins... so do you!" offering 2MB unlimited at 10 per month. The
10 per month is not accurate as you have to pay the complete
contract up front. "Equivalent of" might be a better way for them to
advertise it.

Plusnet do 2M for 21.99 unlimited - rolling 1 month contract which
would seem a better (safer) deal.

Possibly safer but if E7even are here for the long term then theirs
is probably the better deal.

2 years tied down to one service provider is a long time in broadband!

It is, but for those of us struggling to get 512kbps it would be great!
:-)

Old July 11th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"poster" wrote in message . 88...
[...]

If you want to purchase the free domain name when you
terminate the contract, E7even charge 75 quid! So it's only
worth using as a throw away one.

The support is expensive, but you can pay 5 for 0845
tech. support for the first month. Their email support is
supposed to be very good - haven't tried it myself.
E7 pay 20 quid for referrals.

We went with the previous 1 Mbps, 2 years for 240 deal,
including connection and a free 4 port router (cheap
Safecom one) and paid by credit card in case they go bust.

The service has been ok so far, but its only our first month
and the local exchange is not covered by LLUstream so
we've got an IPStream connection.

Would have preferred not to have a fixed IP address though.

Regards
Mel

Old July 11th 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 Jul 2005 15:29, "Mel" wrote:

If you want to purchase the free domain name when you terminate
the contract, E7even charge 75 quid! So it's only worth using
as a throw away one.

Gulp! I did see something about there being no charge for transfer
so I hoped one could 'transfer out' sometime before the end of the
two years... Was a little surprised to read (having done a bit of
same after posting) that they offer CGI and so on, which is a bit
of a plus I wouldn't have expected.

The support is expensive, but you can pay 5 for 0845 tech. support
for the first month. Their email support is supposed to be very good

I thought I saw 5 quid for 0800 for a month, and assumed that might
be worthwhile if one had problems for a couple of days... and then
felt 's*d it, I will ring them, but a fiver will give me only 5 min
so lash out for 0800 support' :-)

We went with the previous 1 Mbps, 2 years for 240 deal, including
connection and a free 4 port router (cheap Safecom one) and paid by
credit card in case they go bust.

Nice idea to throw in a router. Even if it is a Safecom one, they
seem OK to me (I have a 1-port unit in place)... I could still be
tempted with their tenner a month deal, even though one does have
to pay up front!

The service has been ok so far, but its only our first month and the
local exchange is not covered by LLUstream so we've got an IPStream
connection.

I doubt that will be a problem... one advantage with LLUstream might
be higher speeds more easily, later, but you have plenty of phone call
options while the line stays with BT and fewer if it was LLU.

Would have preferred not to have a fixed IP address though.

Most of the time I don't see it as a problem... esp when a friend has
difficulty and wants me to connect using VNC to check their PC :-)