ukonline.net Taking Forever to Install Service

Old July 10th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Default ukonline.net Taking Forever to Install Service

Hi,

I need some advice. I live in London and signed up to ukonline on May
4th. It's now July 10th and I still don't have service. Upon intitially
phoning them, they checked my number and told me it would be 10 days to
service on. So I signed up. When I rang them two weeks later to enquire
what was going on, I was told that the exchange in Bayswater was
overloaded and could'nt accept any more connections at the moment but
BT would require 25 days to fix the problem. 25 days passed and I got
an email requiring another 25 days.

My questions a Is this ukonline's fault or BT's? I have been
refunded 2 months charges but can I cancel my contract if the service
hasn't even been installed yet? What are my rights? It's extremely
frustrating.

many thanks,

Nick.

Old July 10th 05, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mr_flibble

Nick Wrote:
[...]

You most certainly can cancel as ukonline have not yet upheld their en
of the contract, namely providing an internet connection.

As to who's fault it is depends on the type of service you signed u
for, if it's a LLU product via Easynets equipment then it's ukonline.

If it just a standard reselling of bts IPstream products then i
jointly between uko and bt.

But the bottom line is that you are yet to be connected so you can g
elsewhere.

Kel

--
mr_flibble
Old July 11th 05, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:15:28 +0100, mr_flibble
wrote:

I was told that the exchange in Bayswater was
overloaded and could'nt accept any more connections at the moment

My questions a Is this ukonline's fault or BT's? I have been
refunded 2 months charges but can I cancel my contract if the service
hasn't even been installed yet? What are my rights? It's extremely
frustrating.

snip

But the bottom line is that you are yet to be connected so you can go
elsewhere.

And with which ISP would the OP go with if there is no capacity at the
exchange?
Old July 11th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

But the bottom line is that you are yet to be connected so you can go
elsewhere.

And with which ISP would the OP go with if there is no capacity at the
exchange?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I should just wait and see? They keep
refunding me every month.

Old July 11th 05, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sebastian Kinnaird

"Richard Sobey" wrote
And with which ISP would the OP go with if there is no capacity at the
exchange?

That depends how UKonline are processing the order, whether acting as a
reseller of BT's ADSL service or providing their own service under LLU.

If providing their own service under LLU and it's their kit that is at full
capacity, then it's possible that capacity on BT's kit is available meaning
the OP could have ADSL from an alternative supplier of their choosing.

Seb
--
Sebastian Kinnaird

Old July 12th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:27:09 +0100, "Sebastian Kinnaird"
wrote:

"Richard Sobey" wrote
And with which ISP would the OP go with if there is no capacity at the
exchange?

That depends how UKonline are processing the order, whether acting as a
reseller of BT's ADSL service or providing their own service under LLU.

If providing their own service under LLU and it's their kit that is at full
capacity, then it's possible that capacity on BT's kit is available meaning
the OP could have ADSL from an alternative supplier of their choosing.

That makes sense, but if he's been told "it's BT's problem" I would
suspect the exchange is simply full. Of course if he applied for an
LLU product, it might be a different story!
Old July 14th 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sebastian Kinnaird

Richard Sobey wrote:
That makes sense, but if he's been told "it's BT's problem" I would
suspect the exchange is simply full. Of course if he applied for an
LLU product, it might be a different story!

There is a site somewhere which details which exchanges are nearing capacity
and approximately what date new capacity is to be added. Can't think of it
off the top of my head but I'll try and find it.

Seb
--
Sebastian Kinnaird

Old July 15th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

Perhaps www.samknows.com ?