tiscali speed?

Old July 10th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

Default tiscali speed?

Last night about 11:30 my Tiscali 512k adls was consistently running at
about 1500-1800. It normally goes 300-450.

Now, it's doing about 700-800.

Anybody know what's going on?

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,
Old July 10th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
Last night about 11:30 my Tiscali 512k adls was consistently running at
about 1500-1800. It normally goes 300-450.

Now, it's doing about 700-800.

Anybody know what's going on?

Are you suggesting you are getting a higher speed than you expect?

Perhaps you are the lucky '1' who is getting an upgrade for free.

We were all promised it in March..... : - (

Old July 10th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

Are you suggesting you are getting a higher speed than you expect?

Yes. Was 3 or 4 times faster, now about twice normal....

Old July 10th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
:

Are you suggesting you are getting a higher speed than you expect?

Yes. Was 3 or 4 times faster, now about twice normal....

--

Check it using this:

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

And select the 'news-europe.giganews.com' server for the test.

Let me know what you are getting with that..... (at the end of the test)

Old July 10th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

Check it using this:

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

No thanks, I don't pay for what is freely available.

Old July 10th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jasper

On 10 Jul 2005 16:38:23 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

:

Check it using this:

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

No thanks, I don't pay for what is freely available.

I've just used it for free !! ;-)

Jasper

Old July 10th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
Last night about 11:30 my Tiscali 512k adls was consistently running at
about 1500-1800. It normally goes 300-450.

Now, it's doing about 700-800.

Anybody know what's going on?

Do you have a 512k service provisioned on a 2Mbit circuit and Tiscali
throttle your connection?

It is possible the throttle at Tiscali's end broke ... allowing more speed
than you should have ...

Old July 10th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

On 10 Jul 2005 16:38:23 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

:

Check it using this:

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

No thanks, I don't pay for what is freely available.

I've just used it for free !! ;-)

Just had another look - it seems to rely on Flash. I don't allow that crap
in the house...

Old July 10th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

Do you have a 512k service provisioned on a 2Mbit circuit and Tiscali
throttle your connection?

It is possible the throttle at Tiscali's end broke ... allowing more
speed than you should have ...

I don't know what the line is capable of or what the throttling
arrangements are - but it's currently in 'bat out of hell' mode...

Old July 10th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
Last night about 11:30 my Tiscali 512k adls was consistently running at
about 1500-1800. It normally goes 300-450.

Now, it's doing about 700-800.

Anybody know what's going on?

I got this the first time I was put on the bad boy pipe - I think it was a
mistake when they reassigned me. Did you go over your 30 gig last month?

Be quick, it only lasted a week for me.

Bob