HTTPS Problems with Mercury router ART514CX

Old July 11th 05, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default HTTPS Problems with Mercury router ART514CX

BT having exhausted my patience over problems I was gettting with a
voyager 105 modem ( dropping out every 5 minutes ) I bought a network
card & router/modem and attempted to install myself.

The 5 minute dropout no longer occurs. Hurrah.
Normall http & downloads work fine. Hurrah.
I get a browser timeout when I access any https pages. Boooo.

I am a long way from the exchange using BT broadband basic & not
particularly technicallly competant.

Things I have tried as a result of reading other threads :-

Reduced MTU from 1492 down to 1400 ( with various values on the way)

Disabled the firewalls on both the PC & router.
Confirmed that https still works with the voyager modem ( albeit for
about 4 1/2 minutes.)

Do DNS settings have anything to do with this?

Any suggextions gratefully received however obvious they may seem to
you - many thanks

Old July 11th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

wrote in message
oups.com...
BT having exhausted my patience over problems I was gettting with a
voyager 105 modem ( dropping out every 5 minutes ) I bought a network
card & router/modem and attempted to install myself.

The 5 minute dropout no longer occurs. Hurrah.
Normall http & downloads work fine. Hurrah.
I get a browser timeout when I access any https pages. Boooo.

Any suggextions gratefully received however obvious they may seem to
you - many thanks

Got any software firewall enabled too? I've seen similar problems when
people run Norton Personal Firewall. Try disabling your firewall if you have
one.

Old July 18th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Got any software firewall enabled too? I've seen similar problems when
people run Norton Personal Firewall. Try disabling your firewall if you have
one.

Thanks for the suggestion. Firewalls on both PC & router have been
disabled. After a suggestion from another thread I have cleared out all
cookies - this allows acess for a few pages before everything locks up
again - if I again delete cookies everything works again for a few
more pages. I get the same results with both IE & Firefox browsers. I
realise this is slightly off topic now - but it only started when I
replaced the Voyager modem with a router/modem. Any other suggestions?

Old August 10th 05, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
footwo

I think im having the same sort of problem. I have the exact sam
router/modem and i have 2 PCs hooked into it. Everything will be fin
when the router is first booted and then about 5-10 mins late
everything will slow down. Pages will take ages to load, firefox wil
get stuck saying "Waiting for www.whatever.com..." in the status bar
Latency in games is terrible (1500ms) and it all just seems like i
back on a dialup conenction. Its so touch and go as to whether or no
it will actually work.

Did you ever find a solution to this

--
footwo