Wanadoo - Joke Technical Support

Old July 11th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark

Default Wanadoo - Joke Technical Support

In the last 24 hours my wanadoo connection has suddenly become totally
unusable, sites taking days to load, if they do. I called technical support
and explained the problem, I told them I had 3 PC's in the house on a
network and it's the same deal with each PC.

I was told that the only way I would get help is if I had a frog modem, I
explained to the idiot on the other end that I have a router, not a frog and
I'm quite sure the problem is not with my network, nor my phone cables, nor
my Virus software, nor Spyware or anything else he suggested. He would not
help me at all, saying that because I don't have the "frog" wanadoo cannot
do anything to help. What a joke. They don't even know if things are screwed
up at their end or not.

Old July 11th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
\The IT Man Baby\

"mark" wrote in message
-snip-
I was told that the only way I would get help is if I had a frog modem,

-snip-

The problem you face is a support group who won't support hardware that's
not their provided equipment.
That said they should confirm the circuit you have is working their side of
the network including BT's and if not resolve it other than that it's
welcome to the world of basic support ISP style.

The IT Man Baby!

Old July 11th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

"The IT Man Baby" wrote:
"mark" wrote in message
-snip-
I was told that the only way I would get help is if I had a frog
modem, -snip-

The problem you face is a support group who won't support hardware
that's not their provided equipment.
That said they should confirm the circuit you have is working their
side of the network including BT's and if not resolve it other than
that it's welcome to the world of basic support ISP style.

That's right if it's not on the tick sheet then they don't want to know.
Having said that even if it is they still won't want to know (knowing
Wannado)

Old July 11th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Eagles

mark wrote:

I was told that the only way I would get help is if I had a frog modem

-snip-

So lie to them! Tell them you're using the frog modem, go through their
'diagnostics' - restart your PC a couple of times as they ask then
hopefully they should escelate the problem.

~P.
Old July 13th 05, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
june

"mark" wrote in message
In the last 24 hours my wanadoo connection has suddenly become totally
unusable, sites taking days to load, if they do. I called technical
support
and explained the problem, I told them I had 3 PC's in the house on a
network and it's the same deal with each PC.

I was told that the only way I would get help is if I had a frog modem, I
explained to the idiot on the other end that I have a router, not a frog
and
I'm quite sure the problem is not with my network, nor my phone cables,
nor
my Virus software, nor Spyware or anything else he suggested. He would not
help me at all, saying that because I don't have the "frog" wanadoo cannot
do anything to help. What a joke. They don't even know if things are
screwed
up at their end or not.

strangely i've been having the same problem with sites taking days to load,
if ever. i was convinced "the internet" had gone tits up as both my machines
were affected yet my network remained operative. after ringing ntl cs i
eventually had to eat humble pie when taking the router out of the config
solved the problem. looks like after 4 months of solid, reliable,
totally-glitch-free use my belkin 802.11g has forgotten how to work
properly. maybe dns lookup?