Phone Line & Broadband for 2 months?

Old July 11th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Phone Line & Broadband for 2 months?

Hi,

In a couple of weeks I'll be moving into a property for a couple of months
while I refurbish it. The property has a disconnected BT line.

What I'd like to do is get broadband in there for the period I'm there, so I
need a phone line and broadband enabled simultaneously.

Ideally, I don't wanna sign a 1 year contract for either and I would prefer
uncapped broadband.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fred.

Old July 12th 05, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 Jul 2005 23:24, "Fred Finisterre" wrote:

Ideally, I don't wanna sign a 1 year contract for either and I would prefer
uncapped broadband. Any ideas?

I'm sure that paying full price for activation (ie around 70 quid) on a
monthly contract there'll be no end of ISPs which would have you. As for
which ones handle the simultaneous setup, that's likely to be a much, much,
smaller list. Probably worth ringing a few ISPs up. Check ADSLguide for a
list of those offering 1 month contracts, and get an idea of the activation
fee before you bother ringing them :-) Can only wish you good luck! Peter

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...
Old July 12th 05, 07:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Try here Fred:
http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...resbb_payglink

0845 1400200

Old July 12th 05, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Can I get a Bulldog line put in if the phone's not currently connected with
BT (I assume there is no number allocated, as I cancelled the phone from BT
a year ago. Or would the number still be allocated to that (dead) line?.)

Seems a bit silly to pay to reconnect to BT, only to then connect to
Bulldog. BTW, how much does it cost to reconnect to BT for the phone, and
are you tied in for a year or something?

Thanks,

Fred.

Old July 13th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Fred Finisterre wrote:

Can I get a Bulldog line put in if the phone's not currently connected with
BT (I assume there is no number allocated, as I cancelled the phone from BT
a year ago. Or would the number still be allocated to that (dead) line?.)

Seems a bit silly to pay to reconnect to BT, only to then connect to
Bulldog. BTW, how much does it cost to reconnect to BT for the phone, and
are you tied in for a year or something?

Thanks,

Fred.

In theory it should work, in practice it may well fall down a very deep
and dark crack in Bulldogs' sales droid manual/cribsheet.
Folks at work have had the runaround on this kind of installation
Bill
Old July 13th 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
londoncityslicker

oups.com...

Fred Finisterre wrote:
Hi,

In a couple of weeks I'll be moving into a property for a couple of

months
while I refurbish it. The property has a disconnected BT line.

What I'd like to do is get broadband in there for the period I'm there,

so I
need a phone line and broadband enabled simultaneously.

Ideally, I don't wanna sign a 1 year contract for either and I would

prefer
uncapped broadband.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fred.

Technically it is of course possible to have DSL from Bulldog without an
actual BT phone line
but i think it's more to do with the phone number and the fact that
everything is referenced by both Bulldog and BT on phone number
on their ordering and fault handling and billing system.

If you had a MUX ID for your actual line that woudl be good but I doubt that
either Bulldog or BT sales or cust services will have any idea what you
are talking about.

And BT still maintain the physical line to your exchange and this is what
you are paying for. Even though it's a lot less to look after than normal
customers
When your copper cable gets spliced by a JCB or your telephone gets blown
down, I doubt bulldog will send an engineer out to fix it.

A.