24 Meg ADSL2+

Old July 12th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default 24 Meg ADSL2+

I hear that Be Unlimited are launching a service on 45 central London
exchanges. It will be ADSL2+ supporting up to 24meg, depending on your
line of course. I'm hoping my line will support up to 16meg, from what
I can estimate from the line attenuation/SNR.

The really amazing thing is their upload speed is going to be 1meg -
and I'm told the option to increase this in exchange for some download
speed.

I just wondered if anyone knew any more about this, exactly which
exchanges would be enabled (South Clapham, pleeeeease!), and when! I
hear August - but I want to know *now*

Here's the website FYI: http://www.bethere.co.uk/

I've pre-registered on there. I'm completely fed up with Bulldog now.

I wonder what proportion of people will really be able to get the
24meg? I can't imagine your line could be more than 600-800 metres
long, which is even less 'as a crow flies' to the exchange...

Marcos