Plusnet

Old July 12th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Plusnet

Hi,

Once I have submitted my MAC code to plusnet how long does it take for them
to transfer me from Pipex?

Thanks

Dan

Old July 12th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 12 Jul 2005 19:05, "Dan" d.d.com wrote:

Once I have submitted my MAC code to plusnet how long does it take for them
to transfer me from Pipex?

You should get a confirmation e-mail and from memory, the migration date will
be something from 5 to 10 working days. I think it was 7 days total from my
request to changeover taking place. While someone posted that there was an
overlap of service (they could login on both ISPs for a day or more), when
the date came, my old ISP disconnected me and locked me out, and after a
couple of hours I rang Plus.Net (it was about 0400) and they explained the
changeover is all automated. While they might enable an account, for login,
when it is being activated (not migrated) they seem to want to wait for some
BT Wholesale acknowledgement that migration has completed before the login
will work. One *daft* thing was that they intended to e-mail the login
information *after* the ADSL was active (but when I would not be able to
actually use it... seems a crazy situation to me - sending login details to
a customer a few days before would seem the better way, IMO).

My router was finally able to connect late in the afternoon, around 12 hours
from when I had rung them. You should be able to see some progress on the
'Contact Us' facility, which will show the BT order number and so on.