Attenuation figures.

Old July 13th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

Default Attenuation figures.

Attenuation of 48db but high SNR of 38db should be good for what max
speed?
Line length of 3.2Km according to 17070 (When it worked) and the BT
checker used to say 2Mbps but now says maybe 1Mbps!
--
Clint Sharp
Old July 13th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 13 Jul 2005 20:50, Clint Sharp wrote:

Attenuation of 48db but high SNR of 38db should be good for what max
speed?

I think the upper limit for 2000 kbps is 43 db (*), hence the reason that
the checker will suggest 1000 kbps limit on your line. Peter M.

(*) of course BT Wholesale might relax that over the next year... when
higher speeds like 4000 and 8000 kbps may be available, and 2000 might
be considered 'common' (assuming ISPs don't charge excessive fees)

Old July 13th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article , Clint Sharp
writes
Attenuation of 48db but high SNR of 38db should be good for what max
speed?
Line length of 3.2Km according to 17070 (When it worked) and the BT
checker used to say 2Mbps but now says maybe 1Mbps!

An attenuation of 43db is BT's 2 Mbps minimum I believe. Your SNR should
be fine for 2 Mbps. You will certainly be able to get 1 Mbps, and
perhaps 2.

--
Hugh Janus Constipation is the thief of time, but diaorrehia waits
for no man!!
Old July 14th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Clint Sharp wrote:
Attenuation of 48db but high SNR of 38db should be good for what max speed?
Line length of 3.2Km according to 17070 (When it worked) and the BT
checker used to say 2Mbps but now says maybe 1Mbps!

I got synced at 2mbps on Sunday with an attenuation of 50db snr( on 512)
around 32 now 10 - 20. Line 3020m.

I get more CRC erroes than before but it's still a tiny percentage.

My checker did say 2Mbps though, it seems this is what they go by.

Andy.