WAG54G-V2 firmware update

Old July 13th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xyzzy

Default WAG54G-V2 firmware update

Back in January I purchased a WAG54G-V2 ADSL router. I reported here
that it would not sync the date and time from my ISP.

Even though Linksys support (both UK and USA) said there wasn't a later
firmware update (I had version 1.00.19), I found a European beta update
(version 1.01.01) on the web (it would appear that Linksys Australia(?)
are still developing updates).

Anyway, I installed the update this evening and so far everything is
working OK. The date and time now sync correctly (which mean the
date/time access restrictions work, and the firewall logs show valid
date and time).

Also found that the SheildsUp web site now shows that all my ports are
in stealth mode whereas before some ports (different ones each time)
would show up as closed.

If anyone else with a UK WAG54G-V2 is interested, the firmware update,
including change history can be found he
http://xthost.info/wag54g/

Additional information out these updates can be found he
http://www.linksysinfo.org/

The SheildsUp web site can be found he
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2