Connect router to PC rining windows 98?

Old July 14th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alison Howe

Default Connect router to PC rining windows 98?

Hi, I have a Linksys router which I want to connect my old laptop to.
Problem is I dont know how to connect it using windows 98. I have connected
my ethernet cable to a port on my router and laptop and assumed it would
just work. It doesn't and keeps prompting me to put in connection settings.
I previously had a PAYG dialup on the machine but I have now deleted it.

As you can see I'm not to great when it comes to computers so any help would
be greatly appreciated to help me connect my router..