Demon not accepting migration?

Old July 14th 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

Default Demon not accepting migration?

It's a funny old world..Has anyone else come across this with Demon.

quote
Unfortunately we cannot accept migrations into our Home service therefore
you will need to cancel your current service and re-order.
/quote

Chris
kick-butt.co.uk

Old July 14th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 14 Jul 2005 17:56, "Joker7" wrote:

It's a funny old world..Has anyone else come across this with Demon.

Unfortunately we cannot accept migrations into our Home service therefore
you will need to cancel your current service and re-order.

So are you on an IPstream 50:1 service at present, or some DataStream ?
You could at least say which ISP you wanted to migrate from... FWIW,
Metronet and Plus.Net accommodate migrations from DataStream ISPs, AFAIK.

Old July 14th 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"poster" wrote in message
. 88...
: On 14 Jul 2005 17:56, "Joker7" wrote:
:
: It's a funny old world..Has anyone else come across this with Demon.
:
: Unfortunately we cannot accept migrations into our Home service therefore
: you will need to cancel your current service and re-order.
:
: So are you on an IPstream 50:1 service at present, or some DataStream ?
: You could at least say which ISP you wanted to migrate from... FWIW,
: Metronet and Plus.Net accommodate migrations from DataStream ISPs, AFAIK.
:
: --
:
: UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!!

I never gave this info to demon, it was just a general inquiry on my part.

Chris

Old July 15th 05, 03:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 14 Jul 2005 23:54, "Joker7" wrote:

I never gave this info to demon, it was just a general inquiry on my part.

Without a MAC there'd be no way to proceed with a migration, but whether
it is possible for Demon to cope with migrations is another matter. Some
time back I asked them about doing a managed conversion of an ISDN line,
and was told the additional tracking was such that they weren't offering
any managed conversions, but recommended users to cancel the ISDN. Since
there was no special reason for using Demon, they didn't get the ADSL
account, as it was as easy to get a POTS line in for ADSL and then to
cancel the ISDN line when they had been running in parallel for a bit.
Old July 15th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:56:33 +0100, "Joker7"
wrote:

It's a funny old world..Has anyone else come across this with Demon.

quote
Unfortunately we cannot accept migrations into our Home service therefore
you will need to cancel your current service and re-order.
/quote

Chris
kick-butt.co.uk

I believe this applies only to their Home 2000 service (that with
dynamic IP etc). The HomeOffice 2000 product does, AFAIK, support
inward bound migrations, though being Demon I assume only from another
50:1 IPStream product.
Old July 25th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Blessing

Joker7 wrote:
quote
Unfortunately we cannot accept migrations into our Home service therefore
you will need to cancel your current service and re-order.
/quote

Odd, BT have release the capability for any to any migrations for
DataStream/IPStream, so the only thing stopping it will be LLU

Technical Development Manager
Entanet International
http://www.enta.net/